Thread: Is there a tutorial or manual that explains every button in the editor?

Default Is there a tutorial or manual that explains every button in the editor?

Hi.

Yes, I've gone through the Tutorials, but it would be nice to have a simple one sheet manual that gives a short explanation of every part of the editor interface. I don't know for example what the slash next to N.C. means, etc.

Does such a thing exist yet?

Thanks!

You are right, there is a learning curve...

This thread is helpful:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...&p=301#post301

I use the slash to continue the chord from the precedeing measure and delay the next change.
    |C |//F |C |
    Instead of writing:
    |C |C F |C |
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-05-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Ah, thanks for the slash explanation.

I have worked as a teacher for a while and know that different people think and learn in different ways. I tend to learn best if I have a visual of something, and I know I'm not the only one. So I'd really like to see the button layout and some explanatory text added to the tutorials or to a manual somewhere.

That's been the most frustrating part about this otherwise great program - not all information is in the tutorial, and the best ways of handling certain things are in some cases scattered throughout the forum.

If I hadn't searched for how to repeat x times and found an answer, I still wouldn't know that the player recognizes a plain text entry of "4x" for that purpose - that was not in the tutorial.

So a visual representation of every screen element with the explanations next to them would really help new users, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by semmelbroesel View Post
    ... but it would be nice to have a simple one sheet manual that gives a short explanation of every part of the editor interface.
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...&p=282#post282
    This might be helpful.

Thanks, I had found that one earlier, too, but it doesn't have the visual aspect that I'd find helpful.