Thread: Question re Transposition

Smile Question re Transposition

My tune is in the right key but the chords are wrong ... I want to change the chords but not the key ... is this possible in IRealPro? I used to be able to do it in IRealB.
    Thanx

If I have it correctly, the default key for your tune is correct but the chords are really for another key. For example the default key is C major but the chords for the tune are in Eb. What you need to do is edit the tune, then in the editor, touch the key with the i within the circle (the Info key). On the key line, touch the ">" and set the key so that the chords are correct for that key (in my example, set the key to Eb). Then set and transpose the key to the desired key (in this case, C major). Finally, hit save and then done. That should fix the problem.

Using the in-app editor, re-set the song's key to reflect the key of the "wrong" chords. *SET*
    Then re-set the key (back) to your preferred key and select *SET AND TRANSPOSE*
    If I correctly understood the issue, that should fix it.
    )BOB

edit: thanks for your answer, Keith
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-19-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Hi Keith ... I had the nerve to follow your instructions a few times and it worked. I see that this problem really had nothing to do with the Upgrade to IReal Pro ... thanks.

Hi Char…glad to help.