Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature requests

My post today of (There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays reminded me of something: It would be nice if, as in iTunes, the rare occurance of parentheses, apostrophes, etc. in song titles could be ignored, so they don't get pushed to the very top of the alphabet queue. It would save us from having to doctor-up the real titles. ('S Wonderful comes to mind as another example.)

Also, iTunes ignores articles and doesn't mangle the titles into Foggy Day, A or Shadow of Your Smile, The which looks just plain dorky! Any chance your programming gurus can tweak these features? (P.S. I know we can manually edit the order of songs if they're moved into individual playlists, but that means rearranging them every time we click the "sort" button.)

I know it's been discussed a lot on here but I would just like to bump it again. PLEASE add standard ROMAN NUMERAL support.

How about this? You could set something up so that there could be any number of user defined "display" sets that don't affect the underlying chords providing playback information.
    C=I, D=ii, Em7=iii7, Gm7b5=vø7, etc.

This way I can do what I want and deal with space constraints on my own. But really, it should just be another choice like Nashville.

I'm working toward becoming key independent so this feature would REALLY be helpful. Nashville is confusing as hell.

Thanks,
    Brad

How about the font size, any way to change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daskren View Post
    How about the font size, any way to change it?
    sorry no. The only option currently is the two sizes of the chords (Normal and Small.)

Default Play through AirPort or Bluetooth Speakers

iReal b is great --but-- now that it can play the charts with instrument parts it would be superb to play through a sound system using AirPort Express or Bluetooth just as iTunes can connect to multiple speakers. Maybe that is already a feature and I simply do not know how to do it - but if not already a feature, that is my request!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoC View Post
    iReal b is great --but-- now that it can play the charts with instrument parts it would be superb to play through a sound system using AirPort Express or Bluetooth just as iTunes can connect to multiple speakers. Maybe that is already a feature and I simply do not know how to do it - but if not already a feature, that is my request!

Thanks!
    Check out this thread about AirPort Express:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....hlight=airport

Here you find some info about Bluetooth:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....ight=bluetooth

Let me know if it worked out

I wish to use it live in our small trio (vocal, piano, ac. guitar) in that way:
    1. possibility to change perc track into click in every style, because we (our band) mostly need metronome and a bass track
    2. pan control for each part - I wish to send left channel to our personal in-ear monitor system (click track hard panned left, bass track in center) and the right channel to FOH.

And:
    3. more acoustic-like styles (shakers, maracas, hi-hat), acoustic bass, pad
    4. option for playing audio file instead of generated accompaniment while displaying chords (no position indicator)
    5. metronome only (tap and manual tempo settings)

More sophisticated options in the feature:
    6. options for "live arranging" parts": e.g. buttons at the bottom of the screen where I can select "next" part of the song and play it looped till I select the next one; parts could be named like "A", "B" and so on. This would allow play it live when the form of the song is changed during performance.
    7. MIDI chord recognizing (input chords when editing a song)

Btw. Great application! I love it.

Regards,
    Jacek
    Last edited by JacekH; 10-31-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Default New feature request: ability to expand all measures to twice as many beats

My first post so pls forgive if wrong location or format. I sometimes need to expand an entire song (e.g. Love Dance) so that each measure becomes twice as long in length. Manually adding spaces into each measure would be tedious and exceed the screen size. Is there a way to do this? If not, a good feature to add.

Thanks, great product... I'll never go back to bb. Larry
    Last edited by Ljwalter1; 11-22-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Correct mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Ljwalter1 View Post
    ...I sometimes need to expand an entire song (e.g. Love Dance) so that each measure becomes twice as long in length. Manually adding spaces into each measure would be tedious and exceed the screen size....
    Hello Larry,
    you do not have to insert extra spaces, but just add barlines. In a 4/4 song with two chords in the first measure, insert a barline on the 3rd beat for instance.

Additional comments:
    There already is one player style - Jazz Double time swing that doubles each measure (admittedly it will probably not be appropriate for Love Dance.)
    For a song in 3/4 you could change the time sig to 6/4 (there is no 8/4 for doubling 4/4.)

Default Thanks - that works perfectly...why didn't I think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Hello Larry,
    you do not have to insert extra spaces, but just add barlines. In a 4/4 song with two chords in the first measure, insert a barline on the 3rd beat for instance.

Additional comments:
    There already is one player style - Jazz Double time swing that doubles each measure (admittedly it will probably not be appropriate for Love Dance.)j
    For a song in 3/4 you could change the time sig to 6/4 (there is no 8/4 for doubling 4/4.)
    Probably would be worth adding a generic "double-time feel" function at some point. Thanks for your help and a terrific app.