Thread: New York New York - John Kander

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by engelbach View Post
    Bobsax,

Not much point in posting a chart in the iReal Pro forum if it can't be played back correctly.

I wonder why it was thought necessary to have no closing bar line after the Db7.

Any idea what the "X" means under the chord?

Cheers,
    Jer
    Not sure how old the chart is but I remember well the times before the play-along feature when I used it just for live band charts . When the play-along feature was added I sort of scoffed at it as a gimmick. Probably didn't even bother to try it for a year or so. I only started using it seriously teaching to supplement (and eventually replace)Smart Music.

In those days you just made up your own way to write out charts and didn't think about if it played or not and I bet there are still guys that use it that way
    b0b
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Not sure how old the chart is but I remember well the times before the play-along feature when I used it just for live band charts . When the play-along feature was added I sort of scoffed at it as a gimmick.
    Oh, I didn't know that. I thought that it was originally intended as a play-along teaching tool.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

I was first shown an earlier version of the app in 2009 and immediately became an avid user. "iReal book" came preloaded with 900 read-only transposable jazz chord charts. It was iOS only so I bought an iPod touch just to get the app.
    The player feature wasn't offered for beta-testing until late 2010.
    We've come a long way baby!
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-20-2018 at 09:58 PM.