Thread: Latin/Swing style question

Default Latin/Swing style question

Hey all, I've been working on Caravan and have been using the latin/swing style option. I am wondering if it is possible for it to always switch between latin and swing, even the repeats?

Right now, for the first chorus the A section is latin and B is swing (perfect). I noticed that the final chorus switches between styles as well. However, for the middle/solo choruses, it switches to only swing. I guess it makes sense, since a lot of tunes do that...I was just wondering if there's maybe a setting to change this?

Thanks!

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by zeric138 View Post
    Hey all, I've been working on Caravan and have been using the latin/swing style option. I am wondering if it is possible for it to always switch between latin and swing, even the repeats?

Right now, for the first chorus the A section is latin and B is swing (perfect). I noticed that the final chorus switches between styles as well. However, for the middle/solo choruses, it switches to only swing. I guess it makes sense, since a lot of tunes do that...I was just wondering if there's maybe a setting to change this?

Thanks!

Eric

There is no setting to change the way the Latin/Swing style is programmed.
    A=Latin & B=Swing on the 1st and final player repeats. Any additional player repeats are Swing.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    A=Latin & B=Swing on the 1st and final player repeats. Any additional player repeats are Swing.
    )BOB
    Got it, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for clarifying!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    )BOB
    I had the same problem and i could solve it. You can do it by editing the song including repetitions as text x3, x4, etc... instead of using program repetitions.

While it's usually not a good idea to enclose the entire form in repeat-brackets because if you want to add one player-repeat….you get two, there are special situations for using multiple section-repeats encompassing the whole form to “force”the player to do as you want.

Making Caravan play Latin/Swing continuously is certainly an appropriate use of this workaround.

)BOB