Thread: Bird of Beauty - Stevie Wonder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OK, so here's another attempt four years on from that. The abbreviated format, as you requested, is Intro, A1, A2, B1, A3, B2, Coda.
    The only problem left now is that iRP goes to the coda on the first play of the B section instead of the second. I tried to get around this by making it a first and second ending at the bottom, instead of using the coda symbol, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions? Bird of Beauty - GH3K - Stevie Wonder

Thanks,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregH3000 View Post
    OK, so here's another attempt four years on from that. The abbreviated format, as you requested, is Intro, A1, A2, B1, A3, B2, Coda.
    The only problem left now is that iRP goes to the coda on the first play of the B section instead of the second. I tried to get around this by making it a first and second ending at the bottom, instead of using the coda symbol, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions? Bird of Beauty - GH3K - Stevie Wonder

Thanks,
    Greg
    First, the reason for that early (your opinion) coda jump:

The player is doing what it is supposed to do.
    The coda rules are: when you arrive at the “jump from” coda sign on the FINAL player repeat, make the jump and end.

With the player repeats set to 1x, the first play is the FINAL.

2x won’t work as too much gets repeated.

On a simpler less complex and lengthy chart, you could add another condensed B section at the end and take the coda from there.

With only 12 systems available to work with, there just aren’t enough spaces into which to enter chords for a readable chart when formatted like your chart.

(Check out CyrilleB’s nice chart here: https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...6359#post56359 )

PLAYER CHARTS vs. READER CHARTS
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...5854#post25854

That said, I wrote out a player only version of your chart’s arrangement for you.

Bird of Beauty - GH3K 1 - Stevie Wonder

)BOB

I have (and love) CyrilleB's chart (which sounds a lot cooler now that I finally have the Blues styles downloaded), but I wanted to keep the Samba style in 2/2, and he thought 4/4 was better for emphasizing the Rnb back beat and omitting the over-the-top syncopation for the keys (can see his point, but trying to stay true to the sheet music and the composer's original intent.

On the coda issue, I think I have finally come to accept that since I usually keep everything but the jazz stuff on one play, it's never going to do what it's not programmed to do.

Haven't listened to your splendid revision, but looks fantastic, if a wee bit crowded. I don't care about the readability aspect as I'm not performing anymore anyway, and I'm usually looking at the sheet music to play along with iRP track. Thank you very much for your kind assistance, sir!

happy playing,BOB
    Greg