Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to export Audio in iReal Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    I have yet to use this feature, but exporting to audio does have an "AAC (M4A)" option. Where does this export to, if not to iTunes?
    iOS - if you Save to Disk, it goes into iReal Pro's Documents folder; from iTunes on your computer you can access the audio files.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094
    (aside: for other apps, this can be a way to copy files into that app; for example you could copy PDFs from your computer into a PDF reader app, or video clips into (or out from) a video editing app.)

And I'm curious why you can export a file as AAC from the iOS version, but not from OSX.
    .wav is higher quality - the computer has more storage, more processor power to process it (in a DAW etc.) and can convert it (import settings: MP3, AAC etc.) in iTunes (or other apps).
    The AAC option provides smaller file sizes, so is more suitable if you need to email, or upload (3G).

By coincidence, I just finished devoting the few minutes to export an AAC file to see what happened. Yup, worked as you described. And thanks for the other info too. I'm now downloading the iOS update. I'll let you know if my iPod explodes
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

...I'll let you know if my iPod explodes
    maybe I'll hear it?

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    I don't know about what anyone else has, but I don't have an AAC or M4a option in Audio export from my OSX version...
    The next update on Mac will have an AAC (m4a) option for export.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    The next update on Mac will have an AAC (m4a) option for export.
    Thank goodness, I am so pleased to hear this. I bought the app on my iPad, but prefer fiddling with this kind of thing on my Mac. So I purchased the app for my Mac as well only to discover that I can not export in AAC (m4a) format as I can on my iPad.

Any ideas when we will be blessed with the update?

Oh and thank you so much for this app. Wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnspain View Post
    ... So I purchased the app for my Mac as well only to discover that I can not export in AAC (m4a) format as I can on my iPad.
    Any ideas when we will be blessed with the update?
    We are still testing but perhaps a few weeks. You can use iTunes to convert (Preferences>Import settings) audio files or control-click (right-click) a song in iTunes and choose Convert to AAC.

When I save my song to a wave file it loses a lot of quality why is that? Also, I can't seem to just save the recored file it to my device, I have email to myself? What's with that?

Is it possible (using an iPad or iPhone) to export an iReal song into garage band ? If so how ? Thanks ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCatzs View Post
    Is it possible (using an iPad or iPhone) to export an iReal song into garage band ? If so how ? Thanks ;-)
    A quick forums search provides this (and more)
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...nto-garageband
    )BOB