Thread: Chord Inversions

Default Chord Inversions

This is my first day with the app. Can someone please tell me how to write inverted chords. I need C Major in first and second inversions. Thanks.

The iRp player automatically chooses the voicing of chords it plays.
    You can write chords that specify the bass note. (Sometimes called "slash-chords")
    C = C,E,G Could also be written as C/E or C/G (designating the bass note)
    If you turn the chord feature on it will display your choice of piano, guitar or ukulele chord diagrams while the player plays.
    Touch the diagram to pause play, then swipe the diagram left/right to view additional voicing diagrams. (doesn't affect player) that may operate slightly differently on a Mac.

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...05-User-Manual
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-08-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Bob. I got confused a bit when C6 added a 6th note, but not the inversion. Wouldn't be easier if IRp uses conventional chord symbols?

Rotkob

Quote Originally Posted by Rotkob View Post
    Thanks Bob. I got confused a bit when C6 added a 6th note, but not the inversion. Wouldn't be easier if IRp uses conventional chord symbols?

Rotkob

??? Conventional chord symbols ???

IRp uses the same chord symbols found in standard fake/real books and sheet music.

Did you read this?
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...&p=282#post282

Select the "settings" icon at the top of any chart and explore the available Fonts.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-07-2017 at 12:47 PM.

You can write the inversions (slash chords) and see them the in diagrams, and a musician can interpret this as required, however the player itself does not specifically play them (other than the bass instrument playing the bass note of the inversion).
    For example, if you want the piano sound to play second inversion of Dmaj, it will not necessarily play A, D F# (bottom to top) as a voicing. It will just see Dmaj and randomly play a Dmaj voicing. (Each time the play button is pressed, the notes, voicings generated are randomly chosen, so although you might have your inversion correctly played, it may not happen each time you play the song.)
    For very specific playing, it would be better to use a DAW, midi, sequencing etc. (Some users export the midi file of the song for further editing, using iReal Pro as a starting point.)