Thread: Jazz Practice Exercises

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    lol
    I've been reading music since birth:O
    I'm actually having a hard time with the tabs but I assume they are the suggested fingerings for the bass guitar and so I'm trudging through them going up the neck in closed position unlike you would do on the double bass.

I would love to see tabs for the DB though. I'm going through some Ron Carter transcriptions and you can see how he uses open strings and thumb pos for certain licks.
    It would be very helpful if this book had tabs/fingerings.
    For example some of the early exercises on open chord voicings are easy on bass guitar but pretty advanced for DB
    Oh, oh, sorry. I completely misunderstood where you were coming from there. Your concern is fingering, not reading. I think you just learn your instrument and find out what works for you. Across the strings, up the strings, whatever. I've never heard of tabs for double bass, though. There are names for various hand positions, but they vary with whose system you're using. Maybe others know of bass line transcriptions that include positions. I'm sorry, I don't, but I'd like to know of them, too.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 11-03-2014 at 04:55 PM.