Thread: I Want to Talk About You - Billy Eckstine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I Want to Talk About You - Billy Eckstine

I Want To Talk About You - dp - Billy Eckstine

This song is included in the "Jazz 1400" collection, but I found myself wanting something a little more true to changes I've heard in vocal recordings of the song. (Not a criticism of the default chart at all, which is lovely!) I have listened to vocal recordings by a number of artists--including one by the song's composer Billy Eckstine--I felt like the last measure of the B Section might need something more for a vocalist at a jam session (a.k.a. me), trying to deftly transition back to the key in the beginning of the A section. So, I'm planning on bringing copies (of the chart I'm posting here) to the next Jam I attend, to see how the local cats (who are pretty credible) feel about it. This version helps me as I practice, but that may not be all that strong an argument for its existence! (By the way, OTHER THAN COLTRANE'S VERSIONS, if you want to hear a wonderful instrumental recording of this song, check out Melvin Rhyne, Peter Bernstein and Ray Appleton on Rhyne's "Front & Center" album.)
    Last edited by storylyricwriter; 03-26-2023 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Title capitalization