Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Print PlayList PDF

Lightbulb How to Print PlayList PDF

Dear iRealB Team,

i'd like to have a simple function on my next iRealB release: print playlist - output should be a single pdf file

For me, is a NEEDED function.

What do you think about?

Thank you all
    - Max
    Last edited by TheMCCover; 06-10-2014 at 09:55 AM.

When you "Email Playlist" and then open the HTML attachment that contains the iRp playlist song-code link, the song titles are listed. Copy,paste,send,done.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    When you "Email Playlist" and then open the HTML attachment that contains the iRp playlist song-code link, the song titles are listed. Copy,paste,send,done.
    )BOB
    Hey Bob, thanks for your answer...but actually you are replying to another question :-)

I'll try to be clear.

Feauture Request: Print Playlist
    Description: I'd like to have a simple function that has to print a playlist in a single pdf file
    Ex: Playlist named GIG_22Jun containing "All Of me", "In The Sentimental Mood", ...- Output should be: GIG_22Jun.pdf cointanting all these sheets

Why?

Simple, some musicians might not have iRealB and i DON'T WANT to PRINT every single file like a monkey in order to share a Playlist. I'd like to have a function.
    One Click, one file to share :-D

Thank you all

It would be convenient to generate pdf CHARTS for all songs in a playlist with a shortcut function.
    It's even more convenient to simply email the playlist (already a feature) to other iRp users.
    Please encourage your bandmates to obtain iRp compatible devices and get the app.
    I'm sure it will change their lives as it changed mine.
    )BOB

When I wrote:

I was thinking "SETLISTS” (further discussed below)

You never have to monkey-print more than a single simple text list of the titles included in a playlist. You can easily print it or by pasting the list into an email, send it to anyone without iRp.

I agree it might be convenient and useful for some. Until the developer has done the cost-benefit analysis and made a decision, I wanted to inform you of a simple, work-around to meet your [setlist] needs.

When I print playlists, I always word-process them to change font, bold, and type size for better stage visibility anyway. I can also easily split up a long list into multiple pages or columns.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-10-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMCCover View Post
    Dear iRealB Team,
    i'd like to have a simple function on my next iRealB release: print playlist - output should be a single pdf file
    Thanks for the suggestion (and clarification of what you meant), yes we have this on a list.
    I have to do this from time to time; 25 songs took a couple of minutes using a PDF app.
    I use PDF Expert—there will be other apps—some just merge if that is all you need to do, but this app does many other potentially useful PDF things like signature, annotations, highlighting, add text (perhaps for lyrics), stamps, forms.

Procedure for PDF Expert:
    (other PDF apps probably similar instructions)
    iReal Pro—Share, Chord chart, PDF... Open in... PDF Expert (or similar). Do this for each chart (can be done very quickly if you are swiping in an existing playlist).
    PDF app—Edit, select the charts and Merge, re-name the file, arrange the order of the pages (very useful) then email (or Dropbox etc.) the one document.
    (A PDF front page with your band logo or any other PDFs (like lyric pages, announcements, notation charts) could be added in and arranged in place also.)
    Bookmarks (Table of Contents) can be added (in PDF Expert, send as 'Document', not a Flattened file to retain bookmarks).

I have tested with PDF Expert v5.1 (at time of writing, their new version for iOS devices) and it works on iPad and iPhone (iPod touch).

-relates to iOS
    Last edited by dflat; 06-11-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: moved this answer to here, this thread is specific to PDF merge

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot!!!

Kind Regards, Max

Max, I have edited my reply (copied information from the link I had given) so this information is here related to merging PDFs.

Thumbs up

Thanks for your support Buddy.

I'm a Power User of iRealB i've got the App on all my devices OSX, iOs & Android.

My procedure on OSX to get a single PDF files is the following (i use Preview to merge PDFs)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	833 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	268

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	796 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	269

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	270

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	271

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	272

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	273

Have a nice day, Max

Thanks Max, others will be able to use this thread as a resource for their own PDF preparations.

This was annoying me so much, that I wrote an AppleScript to print an entire playlist. Seems to work fine. Mac version of the app only, unfortunately. The process is little advanced, but I think if you can enter chords into iReal Pro you can handle it

Open Script Editor (click the Finder magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen, type "Script Editor")

Paste in this script to the top text window:

display dialog "Open iRealPro and click to highlight the playlist you want to print"
    display dialog "How many songs are in this playlist?" default answer "0"
    set playlist_song_count to text returned of result

-- You can bump this up to 2-3 seconds if it takes longer for the print step (default 1sec)
    set print_delay to 1

tell application "iReal Pro" to activate

tell application "System Events"
    keystroke tab
    keystroke tab

repeat with i from 0 to playlist_song_count
    keystroke "p" using command down
    keystroke return
    delay print_delay
    keystroke tab
    keystroke tab
    keystroke (ASCII character 31)
    end repeat
    end tell

Hit the play button and follow its instructions. Basic gist of it is:

1. Open iReal Pro
    2. Click the playlist you want to print to highlight it (make sure no song is highlighted)
    3. Enter the amount of songs in this playlist when prompted
    4. The script will then send all the keystrokes to select and print each song in that playlist

You can save this script for later use File > Save

And there you go, spend the time you saved with your cat or kids.
    Last edited by vdub6127; 05-15-2017 at 03:38 PM.