Thread: crash on start up

Default crash on start up

Hi,

I purchased iReal pro yesterday, installed it on my mac desktop (OS X 10.8.5), it worked properly, shut down the machine and then downloaded and installed it on my macbook air (OS X 10.7.5) and it also worked properly.

The next day, iReal pro will not launch on my 10.8.5 machine and just crashes on start up. I have tried the method below which was suggested in the forum but still the same problem. I am still able to open the app on my macbook air though, but my destop is my main computer and I'll be using the app 90% of the time on my 10.8.5 machine. Help please. Thank you

"Use Spotlight to find other copies of iReal b/Pro that you might have installed in folders other than Applications.
    You can Command click from the Spotlight results to find the location of eventual other copies of app showing up in Spotlight and delete them.
    Then delete any related files using the Go to Folder command from the Go menu in the Finder:
    Go to:
    ~/Library/Application Support/
    and delete the folder called iReal b/Pro

Then open the Terminal app (type terminal in the Spotlight search window or find it in the Applications/Utilities/ folder)
    - type "defaults delete com.massimobiolcati.irealbookmac"

also delete the app from Applications, delete related files. Restart computer, download again. Test other apps open ok, then open iReal Pro.
    If it still crashes, post back here.

Hi, I have the same problem here, but in 2018 with the latest Mac OS. Went to the ~/Library/Application Support/ but there isn't any folder connected to iReal b/Pro.
    Should I go to the terminal anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by RubensT View Post
    Hi, I have the same problem here, but in 2018 with the latest Mac OS. Went to the ~/Library/Application Support/ but there isn't any folder connected to iReal b/Pro.
    Should I go to the terminal anyway?
    Hello, I’m assuming you have a crash on opening. Please contact us directly at support so we can investigate this with you. Let us know your OS version number and any other details you have. Thank you.