Thread: how to share a chart from iphone

Default how to share a chart from iphone

I have had the iphone app since it's inception....If I wanted to share a chart I could email it and print it - now it says I have to download a version of iReal pro to my macbook for $19 !!! I tried emailing to myself and could not open the html file..

I have a gig tomorrow and need to transpose some charts ( an incredibly useful feature) BUT NOT if I can't share it ...

Then at the FAQ page I clicked on the question about upgrading from iphone app to OSX app and was printed to SIGN IN..which I could not find anywhere to go to do it . Then I tried to send an question and the submit button did nothing ...so I then went here to the forums

help! DAVID.BLUEFIELD@ME.COM

Just guessing...
    I'll bet you tried to email the song (in iRp code format) that won't open without the app...
    Instead of emailing a jpeg or pdf of the chart from the app which any computer can open....
    <helping>
    )BOB

Default iReal is on iPhone 4, iPad, and iMac

but the iMac won't load songs from the iOs devices.
    I eMailed the file from the phone to the Mac.
    When I go into the email, this is displayed: "To import this song/playlist tap or click the link at the top on an iOS device, Mac or Android device with iReal Pro installed."
    The "share" icon in upper right of Mac/iReal Pro screen doesn't have a menu option for reloading playlists(?) so I can only click on the iReal icon on the email which doesn't do the trick.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled iReal from the website, but no good. However it was curious because the songs that had been in the prior playlists reappeared with no effort on my part.

What version OS and iReal Pro are you running on iPhone and iMac and MacBook?

OSX: 10.9.2>>>iReal: 5.0.6 (6681)

iPad: 7.1.1 (11D201)>>>iReal: 5.0.2 (17130)
    iPhone 7.1.1 (11D201)>>>iReal: 5.0.5 (17900)

Thanks for helping

Thanks. I am initially wondering if the song or playlist you are sending is corrupt. Do you have an exercise song you can test sending and make a playlist with a few of them in there, then send that playlist? (The exercise songs list under Composer, Exercise.) Or any songs from the Jazz 1300 playlist? (these should all work correctly).
    In other words try some other songs or playlists and see if they import ok. Send from both your iPhone and iPad to your Mac, because one of them might be corrupting the song files but the other is ok.
    And can you send the song from iPhone to iPad ok?

I assume you have tested import of songs and playlists from a browser (like Safari or Chrome) on your Mac to check they import? Does this work?

Also you could try a different email address (meaning based from a different ISP).
    If you have Dropbox (or similar) you could try sending the html file there, then picking it up from you Mac. (You will need the Dropbox app on your iOS device.)

Thanks

I just figured it out. I was clicking on the iReal icon. You have to click on the name of the list at the top of the list.
    So everything is cool and works fine.
    Sorry for bothering you,
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Pfcs49 View Post
    I just figured it out. I was clicking on the iReal icon. You have to click on the name of the list at the top of the list.
    Yes it is like a link (well is it really as the song code is attached to it) and similar to forum songs.
    Good news, glad you have it working! Thanks for your reply. Hope you have fun