Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Appstore Issue

Unhappy Amazon Appstore Issue

Last night (for the third time!) I tried accessing iRealb and a message from Amazon Appstore popped up and said I had to access AppStore to continue. And since I didn't have internet access for these 3 incidents, I couldn't pacify my Nexus Tablet and access the Appstore, and then proceed with iRealb. Two of these incidents took place when I was playing music in public.

I've searched discussion groups for a solution to this problem. Good news (for me) was that I am not alone; bad news is there is no solution at this time. Other users have contacted AmazonApp help to no avail.

With all that said, I have decided to completely remove the AmazonApp store from my Nexus. Unfortunately, I purchased iRealb from Amazon. Will removing AmazonApp from my tablet make iRealb updates impossible? Or perhaps I should just re-purchase iRealb through the Google store. I would gladly pay for it again if it meant I could count on it working on my tablet.

Contact us at support.
    Yes the Google Play store works well.

I will contact support. Is that done via email or phone? Can you provide a link to support?

I contacted support, but haven't heard yet - that's OK because it is the holiday weekend for working people!

In the mean time, I uninstalled Amazon Appstore from my Nexus tablet. Then I tried running iRealb and it wouldn't run because Amazon Appstore was not available. So I guess I must have Appstore on my tablet to run iRealb - since I bought it from the Appstore.

I am guessing that the solution is to buy iRealb from Google Play, and I would happily do that to end the Appstore problem. (The price is more than reasonable!).

The questions then become:

Do I uninstall-remove my current iRealb before purchasing it from GooglePlay? (Probably yes)
    Do I perform a backup before uninstalling? (Definitely yes)
    Can I then import my playlists (which include dozens of unique arrangements)?

Thanks again.

Keep in mind that the android app can only handle one approximately 300-song sized download at a time.
    So build your back-up playlists accordingly.
    )BOB

Yes you will need the Play store version. Also when you backup on Android, in theory it should automatically divide up your songs into groups of 300 songs (email it to yourself and check, it also should list your playlists, you will need to touch each of them to have them appear again.) To be absolutely sure, you could email them to a friend with iReal b to make sure they are intact and import successfully before uninstalling (or upload them to our forum Sandbox.)

For a while I've been "chicken" to remove iRealb/Amazon App from my Nexus. Well, I finally did it. Now, I have iRealb from the Play store and I don't expect any more problems. And I was successfully able to restore all songs from the backup!

Seriously, I wonder if my problem was truly unique or if other users would have the same problem under the same conditions. The trouble came about under these conditions:

1. iRealb purchased from Amazon App store.
    2. Whenever an app purchased from the AmazonApp store had an update, my Nexus automatically performed updates. (I had purchased several Apps from Amazon.)
    3. When there were App update(s) and I did NOT have internet access, the AmazonApp pop-up thingy would show up when I opened iRealb and I couldn't run iRealb.

I'm optimistic that all will work well now.

Linda - Happy iRealb user

Thank you for letting us know it all works now.

I have had the exact same issue with amazon appstore, not being able to run ireal b, without internet/data connection. I usually turn off my WiFi and try to run on cell data only. Of course this does not work if I'm on a gig in a building that is prohibitive of a good cell signal. Don't know if it's an Amazon appstore issue or what.