Thread: Problem Opening Playlist From Email

Default Problem Opening Playlist From Email

Downloaded the program on my Galaxy Note2 and Nook HD+. Saved the file to the NookHD+ but it would never open.

On my phone, Note2, when I clicked on the link in the email, it immediately opened in the program like it is supposed to do.

Still couldn't get it to work with the Nook.

So, from the phone, I uploaded it to the forum then downloaded from the forum to the Nook. It worked fine that way. But it's a long way to get it to work. Any suggestions?

On both of my Android devices (Nexus 4 and Nexus 7), the email attachments don't launch iReal Pro, it is as though the manifest isn't set up, the "Complete action using" shows a list of apps, but iReal Pro is not on the list.

Update - I was concerned that using the forums would make the song public, but I was able to send myself a private message in the forum - now at least I can get it onto my android device, still not ideal, though.
    Last edited by trc; 05-14-2014 at 01:25 PM. Reason: answered my own question about private forum message

Quote Originally Posted by trc View Post
    On both of my Android devices (Nexus 4 and Nexus 7), the email attachments don't launch iReal Pro, it is as though the manifest isn't set up, the "Complete action using" shows a list of apps, but iReal Pro is not on the list.
    Update - I was concerned that using the forums would make the song public, but I was able to send myself a private message in the forum - now at least I can get it onto my android device, still not ideal, though.
    Choose the HTML viewer in the Complete action window to open it, as the song file is in HTML format. Then the song or playlist should list for you to touch to import.

If this does not work, it could be your email app or email address (try another one you might have from a different provider).
    You can also Share>Email ... save to Dropbox, Google Drive (etc.). Download the app for your cloud service and it should then list in the Share window, then on the other device, use their app to find the file there and import.

Quote Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
    Downloaded the program on my Galaxy Note2 and Nook HD+. Saved the file to the NookHD+ but it would never open.
    On my phone, Note2, when I clicked on the link in the email, it immediately opened in the program like it is supposed to do.
    Still couldn't get it to work with the Nook.
    So, from the phone, I uploaded it to the forum then downloaded from the forum to the Nook. It worked fine that way. But it's a long way to get it to work. Any suggestions?
    Probably the suggestions in post #3 here, try a cloud service for transferring files; if a HTML viewer can be selected from the Nook's email for the song attachment, choose that.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Choose the HTML viewer in the Complete action window to open it, as the song file is in HTML format. Then the song or playlist should list for you to touch to import.
    This worked perfectly - thanks! I was expecting to see an icon for iReal when I opened the attachment.

Good, glad you have it working. It could be the OS version your device is running (as to why iReal Pro is not showing in the window).
    Check you have the latest version of iReal Pro in the Play store also.