My Favorite Things - Richard Rodgers
    On The Street Where You Live 310 - Lerner-Loewe
    Spiderman - Webster - Harris
    Sunrise Sunset (Fiddler on the Roof) - Jerry Bock - Sheldon Harnick
    Surrey With The Fringe On The Top - Richard Rodgers
    They Call The Wind Mariah - Lerner-Loewe
    Tomorrow - Charles Strouse
    Whole New World, A - Menken-Rice

We collected the chord charts you have posted.
    Please keep posting songs from Musicals into this thread and we will merge them with this playlist.
    Thank you for all the collaborators for sharing them!

Somewhere That's Green by Alan Menken
    Posted by Steve

Maybe This Time by Cabaret

This isn't a great version, but there is no other one on the forums. The chords are quite complex, so I sometimes left out changes in the bass. It looks very ugly! At some points I've done slightly odd things to try to get the right feel.

"I Dreamed a Dream [From Les Miserables]"
    Composed by Alain Boublil / Claude-Michel Schönberg / Herbert Kretzmer / Jean-Marc Natel
    I Dreamed A Dream - Unknown Composer

Here is the chord chart for a jazz choir arrangement of ALL THAT JAZZ
    )BOB
    And All That Jazz WSS - Ebb-Kander

From Paint Your Wagon
    They Call The Wind Mariah - Lerner-Loewe
    )BOB
    Last edited by Niki; 04-28-2016 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Merged posts

Default Fiddler on the Roof songbook.

Here are detailed backing tracks for a specific Fiddler on the Roof piano/vocal songbook, Hal Leonard HL00359861 (1983, but reprinted about 2005), currently available from Amazon. I did my best to get iRP to Playback the 12 very detailed song arrangements as closely as possible to the book's charts.

revised, see:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...7751#post27751
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 01-21-2015 at 07:57 AM. Reason: cosmetic changes

Hello Nimbleswitch.
    A great collection!! Thanks.
    A few pointers:
    - the 7 in ø, o, and ∆ chords is redundant. You can omit it (as in normal music charts) since the player will recognize them anyway. Saves space, too. ;-)
    - having the author field different with the page numbers is a good idea, but will show as many different authors in the "authors" list. I suggest giving identical authorship (and just Bock is necessary for economical rights assignments, at least in Italy) in order to have all the songs under the same author (and you could perhaps edit your post to reflect changes, rather than repost).
    - page numbers could be indicated as text in the chart itself

Thanks again for the work done, and yes, would be nice to have invisible-chord-with-bass-note play autonomously...

A question: why the underscore at the end of the chart names?

Cheers,
    David

Hi, David. Thanks for taking all that time and thought with your responses.

-I added the "_" after each tune name because a few of the songs were already in iRP and, although they were very different arrangements, iRP does not permit you to have two versions of a song with identical names.

-All of your comments are good ones.

-Regarding ∆ being equal to ∆7, etc., I knew about that but I thought that those who didn't know would see the 7s in the book and might think I had made errors by leaving them off and distrust my charts. I'd sure like to save that space in a few places, though. So maybe I'll make that change anyway, at least where space is a problem. (E.g., in "Rich Man" I had changed some of the Gm7♭5 chords to Gø7 to avoid overcrowding, but I felt I needed to insert a text note saying they were the same. I'll knock the 7 off those for sure. You may have noticed that iRP won't let us omit the 7 from a m∆7 chord, though.)

-Regarding the authors' names, I've always felt that lyricists were under-recognized. And I don't quite yet see why the same tune showing up under various "Author" searches is a particular problem. Perhaps you could expound on that?

-Yes, page numbers could be anywhere in the text, but some of my charts already are crowded into 13 lines (systems), so finding a consistent location, tune to tune, for page numbers in the text, isn't always easy. (See, e.g., "Rich Man.")

-Thanks again for your comments, they are very good ones that I will consider.

Perhaps I should have sent this to you by PM, I dunno. If admin prefers that I change that, I certainly will.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 12-28-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Default Porgy and Bess songbook.

Here are detailed backing tracks for a specific Porgy and Bess piano/vocal songbook distributed by Hal Leonard for Alfred: HL00322142 (2009), currently available from Amazon. I did my best to get iRP to Playback the 12 very detailed song arrangements as closely as possible to the book's charts.

[REVISED 2015-01-21]

Porgy and Bess (HL00322142) (13)

Individual songs:
    Brief Notes re This Porgy and Bess Songbook_ - Geo. & Ira Gershwin-Dubois & Dorothy Heyward
    Summertime_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.17
    Woman Is a Sometime Thing_, A - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.20
    My Man's Gone Now_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.24
    Leavin' Fo' De Promis' Lan'_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.30
    It Take A Long Pull To Get There_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.36
    I Got Plenty O' Nuttin'_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.40
    Bess, You Is My Woman_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.44
    It Ain't Necessarily So_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.53
    What You Want Wid Bess?_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.59
    I Loves You, Porgy_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.64
    Red Headed Woman_, A - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.71
    There's a Boat Dat's Leavin' Soon for New York_ - G. & I. Gershwin-D. & D. Heyward (HL00322142) p.76
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 01-21-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks Nimbleswitch!!!
    Great addition!!

Hi, David-
    I'm a bit gunshy now regarding the Keys I've indicated. My usual, albeit primative, procedure is to note the key signature and figure, e.g., "Two flats, so it's either B flat major or G minor," then I look to see if the final note or chord is one or the other of those, and go with that. So, if you find reason to consider the key of any of my postings as something else, please correct me, okay.

Jack

These were posted elsewhere, in different posts, but since there's a "Musical" thread I'm posting the list here for convenience.
    Musical (10)

Individual songs:
    Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead - Harold Arlen
    If I Only Had A Brain - Harold Arlen
    Maria - Leonard Bernstein
    My Conviction - Hair Musical
    Some Other Time - Leonard Bernstein
    Somewhere - Leonard Bernstein
    Time Warp - Richard O'Brien
    Tonight - Leonard Bernstein
    Whole New World, A - Alan Menken
    You're The One That I Want - John Farrar

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Hi, David-
    I'm a bit gunshy now regarding the Keys I've indicated.
    Don't be - nobody's been shot for setting a chart key wrongly... Yet... ;-D

My usual, albeit primative, procedure is to note the key signature and figure, e.g., "Two flats, so it's either B flat major or G minor," then I look to see if the final note or chord is one or the other of those, and go with that.
    Exactly how it's done. A general review of chord sequence will then confirm or contradict that indication.

So, if you find reason to consider the key of any of my postings as something else, please correct me, okay.
    Since you mentioned it, I went to look over what keys you set in the "Fiddler" and "Porgy" songbooks, and found nothing amiss in the "Fiddler" one - its music is pretty straightforward.
    In the Gershwin opera, however, the harmonic sequences are often very "irregular", and so it *is* difficult to determine a definite key for some songs.
    Some indications in how to determine key from chords follow:

- IT TAKE A LONG PULL: song begins in G major, moves to G minor. Melody would help, in this case, to decide, but it's definitely G ;-) . I find nothing wrong in saying it's in Gm (I would prefer G because it's beginning key, but without seeing melody Gm is fine)
    - BESS, YOU IS: song begins in Bb, moves to D, then F# (probably 2 flats in key signature that change en route?). Bb is ok because it's the starting key of a multi-key song
    - RED-HEADED: the song is in Bb (you set C). There's Bbs all over, F7s before them, and C7s which are secondary dominants. A give-away is Gb7, which is flatted VI of Bb. Song also begins and ends in Bb (not counting Intro). No flats in chart? Bad choice by publishers... ;-D

Default Lusty Month Of May

The Lusty Month Of May by Frederick Lowe from Camelot
    Posted by Waltkl

The lyric hints were found to be more than just convenient. :-)