Thread: dynamic style tempo changes in chart

Default dynamic style tempo changes in chart

Please be aware: This post has three somewhat related questions:

1. Just so I can talk how everyone understands lets' talk about Nica's dream very well known tune. The A part is bossa nova or at least latin (straigt 8th) but the bridge really supposed to swing. I downloaded this tune from the collection, it is designated as Latin/Jazz-Latin and it does not change to swing for the bridge. How can you cause it to alter style in the middle of a tune. Thanks!

2. On a related note, each tune seems to have two style designations. Theres one you get when you edit and click the info button, another at the bottom when you are in tool mode. They can be completely different and changing one does not effect the other. Can someone explain how these two relate I mean like is one a refinement of the other, or what. they seem completely independent and tempo seems to be affected somehow.

3. like when Bill Evens performs Quiet Time by Denny Zeitlin (it is a slow piece with many changes) he does a solo in the middle that's double timed. How would you cause a tempo change in the middle of a piece, say going from 75 to 150 in this case, or in some other tunes something lest drastic.

Thanks for any and all answers. And if this can't be done please pop it into feature request.

Quote Originally Posted by Tixrus View Post
    Please be aware: This post has three somewhat related questions:

1. Just so I can talk how everyone understands lets' talk about Nica's dream very well known tune. The A part is bossa nova or at least latin (straigt 8th) but the bridge really supposed to swing. I downloaded this tune from the collection, it is designated as Latin/Jazz-Latin and it does not change to swing for the bridge. How can you cause it to alter style in the middle of a tune. Thanks!

2. On a related note, each tune seems to have two style designations. Theres one you get when you edit and click the info button, another at the bottom when you are in tool mode. They can be completely different and changing one does not effect the other. Can someone explain how these two relate I mean like is one a refinement of the other, or what. they seem completely independent and tempo seems to be affected somehow.

3. like when Bill Evens performs Quiet Time by Denny Zeitlin (it is a slow piece with many changes) he does a solo in the middle that's double timed. How would you cause a tempo change in the middle of a piece, say going from 75 to 150 in this case, or in some other tunes something lest drastic.

Thanks for any and all answers. And if this can't be done please pop it into feature request.
    1. Latin/swing
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...3658#post23658

2. Styles: player vs. custom
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...1813#post21813

3. 'double-time feel' has been requested. More player styles are in development.
    In the mean time, the available player-styles are what's currently available.

Using an outboard audio editor you could record and paste together different styles and tempos as you like for later playback.

)BOB

I will try Latin swing with a and b sections labelled. When I messed with it before I didn't have a & b. So now I get it

Got it description vs actual data setting

Audacity cut & paste it is. Or just play w real people!!