Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Green Dolphin Street - Bronislau Kaper

Default On Green Dolphin Street - Bronislau Kaper

On Green Dolphin Street (E. Gomez) by Bronislau Kaper

same idea, but different tune. First half C, second half Eb. As played by Eddie Gomez ("Dedication").
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-30-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Default On Green Dolphin Street

On Green Dolphin Street 1 1 by Bronislau Kaper

Default up3

On Green Dolphin Street 1 1 by Bronislau Kaper

Default up4

On Green Dolphin Street 4 by Bronislau Kaper

Hi Popokada.
    I downloaded the On Dolphin Street 4 chart, and I can't understand why you make that kind of chart... Wouldn't it be better to set the player to play an n number of choruses, and add just the coda (which is played only last time)?
    Just curious...
    Live freely. Respect the planet.

Default On Green Dolphin Street

Green Dophin Street - Kaper * Washington
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-18-2015 at 01:59 PM.

I just downloaded this program day before yesterday. Does anyone know if rhythms can be programed into the measure?

Quote Originally Posted by tltate View Post
    I just downloaded this program day before yesterday. Does anyone know if rhythms can be programed into the measure?
    Not exact specific ones. If you want to do this, then use different software (midi, notation, DAW etc.) The rhythms come from the different styles available in the player and once chosen, the playback rhythm is automatically played.
    Or you can export the midi file (note, the drum track will need re-mapping as it does not use any standard midi drum map) but you would be adding your rhythms anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tltate View Post
    Since the question pertains to On Green Dolphin Street (correct title) I'm wondering if you mean can you have Latin rhythm in the first half and swing in the second half, as is common with this piece. If so, the answer is yes. Select the "Jazz-Latin/Swing" style setting, and place a "C" section marker at the 2nd ending. But if this isn't what you're asking, then yeah, dflat's answer.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Thank you. Both answers are very helpful.