Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing crash

Default Importing crash

When I exported my playlist via email for backup, I received the backup email with html attachment. I clicked the open in IReal Pro symbol, and iReal Pro said it was importing. But it always crashes, saying error importing file. It was only 3 songs to my iPad. Now what do I do?

Strange - when I tried a playlist list of only one song, it worked. The error message I had before was "file could not be opened". And the html code looked different, with many square symbols, but that just could be the song.

Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowBrian View Post
    When I exported my playlist via email for backup, I received the backup email with html attachment. I clicked the open in IReal Pro symbol, and iReal Pro said it was importing. But it always crashes, saying error importing file. It was only 3 songs to my iPad. Now what do I do?
    You are posting in the android forum. Do you have android and iPad? Are you exporting from one to the other or just checking the import on one device (iPad)?
    Also check you have the latest versions (check in Play store and/or Apple app store) - currently Android v5.0.6, iOS v5.0.4 then run the export again.
    You can try an individual song email (from the song chart, Send to email). Then check each song imports.

Have tried many times now. If the HTML attachment is white text on a black background - it works. But if it is black or blue text on a white background - the file cannot be opened. And the coding format looks different. Somehow the wrong HTML format is being used although my procedures are the same.

I'm only using an iPad, and don't see any options for Android. Will check iReal Pro version if I can.

I'm using iReal Pro 5.0.4,,and have always accepted the latest iOS updates for my iPad2. The "backup" thread I joined didn't say it was in the Android forum, so didn't know. Can you still help? - doesn't seem worth starting a new thread. It worked a few times for a two song playlist, but not for another.

I'm using iReal Pro 5.0.4,,and have always accepted the latest iOS updates for my iPad2. The "backup" thread I joined didn't say it was in the Android forum, so didn't know. Can you still help? - doesn't seem worth starting a new thread. It worked a few times for a two song playlist, but not for another.
    I have moved this to the iOS forum

is white text on a black background - it works. But if it is black or blue text on a white background - the file cannot be opened. And the coding format looks different. Somehow the wrong HTML format is being used although my procedures are the same.
    I need to replicate what you are doing. Can you give me the steps?
    You have a song chart showing then you change PAPER? (to what settings? you are changing the colour of the text?) then you think if this song is in a playlist, the import of it does not come back in? Yes?
    Also are you deleting the playlist and songs before importing or just importing while they exist anyway? (not that it should make a difference.)
    And, if you do not do the color change, the playlist will import ok?
    Thanks.

I have this same problem emailing backups to myself on iPad. If the HTML attachment text is white on black it works. But if the text is black on white, iReal Pro cannot open the file and the text code is different. Seems to depend on which songs I am backing up.

Most songs backup but some don't, e.g. 11y6 (Euphoria) from the Latin 50. Just try it - editing it makes no difference. Looks like a software bug.