Thread: Chord Display + other irks

Default Chord Display + other irks

Some observations for the OS X version

Not sure whether it is classed as a bug but I still find the Chord Diagram display infuriating in that it doesn't fit all chords diagrams into the window by default. It isn't that there isn't space, sometimes the whole left bit is empty yet a chord diagram is pushed off at the right side.

The editor could do with a revisit as the UI element focus jumps all over the place when trying to enter a progression ( I think partly this is because it is a very separate window, something more integrated would help ).
    The contrast for the stave elements ( bar repeats, N.C. etc ) has very poor contrast between selected and unselected, really have to look twice to notice.
    The sliders for repeats/tempo would be better replaced by a simple double click to enter it numerically ( like Logic Pro ).
    Finding a way of having more space for multiple complex chords in a bar without overwriting one another and/or any text such that it is illegible would be welcome.

I've said before that I think it is a brilliant app but there are still a lot of UI issues that are on the rough side of diamond and prevent it from being smooth to use.

I find the same thing - do you have any idea if it is being looked at? Does it do this on the PC version?

First for cactusgary, there isn't a PC version.

I don't mind the sliders. Having used all versions of iReal, the sliders are an improvement over the old system.

You can use the S in edit mode to make chords skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobyclub View Post
    Some observations for the OS X version

Not sure whether it is classed as a bug but I still find the Chord Diagram display infuriating in that it doesn't fit all chords diagrams into the window by default. It isn't that there isn't space, sometimes the whole left bit is empty yet a chord diagram is pushed off at the right side.

The editor could do with a revisit as the UI element focus jumps all over the place when trying to enter a progression ( I think partly this is because it is a very separate window, something more integrated would help ).
    The contrast for the stave elements ( bar repeats, N.C. etc ) has very poor contrast between selected and unselected, really have to look twice to notice.
    The sliders for repeats/tempo would be better replaced by a simple double click to enter it numerically ( like Logic Pro ).
    Finding a way of having more space for multiple complex chords in a bar without overwriting one another and/or any text such that it is illegible would be welcome.

I've said before that I think it is a brilliant app but there are still a lot of UI issues that are on the rough side of diamond and prevent it from being smooth to use.