Thread: I need some help with the new Android editor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I need some help with the new Android editor

Hi,

I have Android iRealPro. I originally bought iRealB. I use this app on a Samsung Tablet Galaxy 2.

iRealPro does not seem to provide any Editor instruction manual as iRealB did. Furthermore, a search among Forum threads with "Editor" key word yields only old iRealb stuff. It is so so frustrating. Here a few points:

1. So far it is only via trial and error that I managed to use some of the Editor facilities so that they work dynamically (i.e. when doing the right thing when playing back)

2. The repeat 1. 2. 3. dot not work always correctly

3. No idea how to use the Coda and Segno symbols available there.

4. I can see that IN is for Intro to be thus played only once. What exactly are the specifics about sections A, B, C, D, V? For example, what is the difference between choosing the upper case letter A as text, placing it on top of a bar or choosing the existing A symbol for section A?

5. What are the specifics of the fourth repeat that looks like an inverted L which does not have the numbering (there are 1., 2. and 3. and this fourth one with no number)?

6. Where is a D.C. that is not only text but that does work dynamically i.e. that is obeyed when playing back. What about D.C. al Segno, etc?

7. Trying to select a few bars for cutting, pasting, deleting, etc over the touch screen does not work. The behavior of this feature is very buggy.

.... and so on.

Ok. For $11 this is a fantastic app and all people I showed it to bought it. This includes many friends and each of my children. For 11 bucks, one cannot expect miracles. But no Instruction manual that explain how to use this bloody editor is a bit much. I have spent hours trying to make sense of this pest within the constraints of 48 bars (for legible score) or 96 (illegible unless one plays country music!!!).

Thanks for any help here.

Back onto the Editor trying to get some jazz score working.

Claude
    Last edited by clauded; 02-24-2014 at 11:19 PM.