Thread: Keys change when I want to edit a certain tune

Default Keys change when I want to edit a certain tune

Why does the key change when I go from the play mode to the edit mode? It didnīt happen before, is there a bug in the software? Hasso

Quote Originally Posted by Hasso View Post
    Why does the key change when I go from the play mode to the edit mode? It didnīt happen before, is there a bug in the software? Hasso
    Probably because your play mode key is set to something other than the "Default" (the original key when the file was created). Check your settings. When in edit mode, the file always shows the default key. Also, this kind of question belongs in the Discussion Forum (under the version you're using: Android, iOS or OSX) rather than in the Songs Forum.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasso View Post
    The editor operates in the chart’s "default" key. You can reset the default key of your chart in the editor on the song information screen (title, composer, style, KEY) change the key, select "set AND transpose". Then you can make edits in your key.
    )BOB

For those with transposing instruments:
    the key in song edit is in concert key (which is the key it must be saved in when you use global transpose>transposing instrument, Bb, Eb etc.) but as Bob described, use Set and Transpose - a couple of times (input or edit in your transposing key from your transposed instrument's chart, then Set and Transpose back to concert key before saving).