Thread: Chords disappeared "Black-Screen Syndrome"?

Default Chords disappeared "Black-Screen Syndrome"?

All my chords have disappeared (both Jazz 1300 & exercise and new songs). They will play, but nothing appears. In the edit screen, the notation section is blank, not even bar lines. Also, in the edit screen I'm unable to enter anything, neither chords nor text.

Irealb 5.0.2
    IPad2 ios 6.1.3
    Last edited by waltm; 02-10-2014 at 08:02 PM. Reason: add info

In Settings, do you see the total About>Songs ... count number?
    Do you see the song index with all the songs?
    Playlist tab with your playlists listing?

You could run a Settings>Backup and email it to yourself, then force quit the app then open it again.

Yes to both. The total number is listed in settings and they also show up in the index of songs? They will play, but nothing is displayed.

What do you mean "force quit"?

Thanks.

I looked at some earlier posts where you define "force quit". If I have IReal Pro open and double tap the home button, IReal Pro does not show up in the app list along the bottom.

Ok, I get it. Thanks for your help. That seemed to fix the problem.

Just a note in case this happens to anyone else. I had too many apps open. I had no idea that apps stayed in memory and had to be "force closed". (I'm a PC guy).
    Last edited by waltm; 02-10-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Great, thanks for letting us know you have it fixed. We still test and use iReal Pro on iPad 2, so will make a few checks on this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    You could run a Settings>Backup and email it to yourself, then force quit the app then open it again.
    If anyone is wondering, I thought doing a backup while it was still open was a good idea, then if there was any further problems, deleting the app then re-installing could be the next step. Then import the backup.

I also had this problem suddenly today. List of 2600 songs and lots of playlists displayed OK, but selecting a song just gave me a black screen with the play controls. The song would play but not displayed. The problem was solved (I hope...?) by double-clicking the Home button, removing iReal from memory, turning iPad off, then restart. I have used iReal on my iPad2 for nearly half a year, this has never happened before.

iPad2, iOS 7.04 (11B554a)
    iReal Pro 5.0.2 (17130)

kind regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaki View Post
    ...The problem was solved (I hope...?) by double-clicking the Home button, removing iReal from memory, turning iPad off, then restart. I have used iReal on my iPad2 for nearly half a year, this has never happened before.
    Did you have a large number of apps running in the background? If so, it might be the same problem as waltm had. You might be able to force quit a number of the other apps to fix it, and perhaps a restart as well (or then force quit iReal Pro, then open again). We have not had a good look at this problem yet. I have tested on an iPad2 opening many apps, but have not been able to find any fault yet.
    Thanks for reporting this.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Did you have a large number of apps running in the background? If so, it might be the same problem as waltm had. You might be able to force quit a number of the other apps to fix it, and perhaps a restart as well (or then force quit iReal Pro, then open again). We have not had a good look at this problem yet. I have tested on an iPad2 opening many apps, but have not been able to find any fault yet.
    Thanks for reporting this.
    I only had a couple of apps in the background this time. In the past I have had a lot of apps in the background while running iReal, without problems.

However, this time I had done some editing on a couple of songs while the iPad was in "landscape" position. When iReal is in normal play mode, it will adjust automatically if you turn the iPad from portrait to landscape position, but in edit mode it seems to be locked into portrait position. Normally, I have the iPad in portrait position while working with iReal. Sometimes I have the iPad on a stand in landscape position, and if I have to edit a song I normally turn it to portrait. However, this time I left it in landscape position when I did some small edits, having to turn my head to one side to read the "sideways" screen. As I left edit mode, iReal automatically returned to landscape, but only a small part of the chord page was showing (as if it had zoomed in on a small part of the page). I had to tap the screen to "remind" iReal" that it had to zoom out to show all the chords. After I had done a couple of more edits, the part of the screen that should show the chords was black, and I had to tap the screen a couple of times to get the chords back. Ultimately, the chords didn't come back at all, and I had to restart as described in the previous post.

I had the impression that the "black screen syndrome" had something to do with the editing in the "wrong" landscape position, causing the edit screen to be displayed sideways.

I would like to add that when this happened to me it started while trying to play edited or newly created songs. Then, of course, it affected all songs in all playlists. I don't remember creating or editing anything in landscape, but perhaps I did. Since removing all those apps I had running in background I've had no problems. I love this app.

Hi there. I just had the same playback but non-display of chord sheets on my iPad3. I powered down then back up and all is working fine again. No other apps were open. I'd be a bit worried if this happened during a gig!
    Apart from this glitch I really love the app.

Regards,

David

iPad3, iOS 7.0.4