Thread: OSX Bug Report (Feb 8 2014)

Default OSX Bug Report (Feb 8 2014)

When I open the program, the Preferences/Player Position Indicator color always reverts back to Yellow, and the Background Texture always reverts back to White.

I can find no rhyme or reason with the Count In controler (1 Bar/2 Bars/Auto). Is this not a global setting?? It just seems to do as it pleases on different songs.

Not always, but frequently, the drum track plays at full volume for a fraction of the first beat. A similar bug in a previous version was fixed, but it appears to have reappeared. It may just be something left over on files generated with that previous version. (This is also happening on the iOS version.)

Edit:

iMac OSX Lion 10.7.5 (11G63) / iReal Pro Version 5.0 (6201)
    iPod Touch 4G iOS Version 6.1.5 (10B400) / iReal Pro Version 5.0.2 (17130)
    Last edited by DaleMac; 02-08-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    When I open the program, the Preferences/Player Position Indicator color always reverts back to Yellow, and the Background Texture always reverts back to White.
    I've fixed this in the upcoming update.

I can find no rhyme or reason with the Count In controler (1 Bar/2 Bars/Auto). Is this not a global setting?? It just seems to do as it pleases on different songs.
    Yes it's a global setting. Once you set it to auto it should play 1 bar count in for slow tempos and 2 bars for fast tempos. If you manually choose 1 bar or 2 bars it should stick to that.

Not always, but frequently, the drum track plays at full volume for a fraction of the first beat. A similar bug in a previous version was fixed, but it appears to have reappeared. It may just be something left over on files generated with that previous version. (This is also happening on the iOS version.)
    Can you attach a song that shows this behavior (at the exact tempo please).

Thanks for the info.
    Aiming to release the update by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by massimobio View Post
    Yes it's a global setting. Once you set it to auto it should play 1 bar count in for slow tempos and 2 bars for fast tempos. If you manually choose 1 bar or 2 bars it should stick to that.
    So "Auto" is global, and 1 or 2 is only good for the individual songs? And, just curious, at what tempo does "slow" become "fast"?

Can you attach a song that shows this behavior (at the exact tempo please).
    Yes, next time it happens I will make note of all conditions and settings.

One more extremely minor thing:

I've noticed the Editor drop-down Style menu only allows the first letter of words to be capitalized (so "Pop - RnB" reads "Pop Rnb"). Screenshot: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pop-RnB.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	244 But otherwise it is correct in the Style list column and on the score. My iOS version also reads "Pop Rnb" when sorting songs by style. This causes absolutely no problem or inconvenience but just thought I'd mention it, in case someone really wants to label their song aCiDrOcKfUsIoN or some such silliness...

I do like both new Pro versions and I updated with zero complications or unpleasant surprises. 5 Stars Again!
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

So "Auto" is global, and 1 or 2 is only good for the individual songs? And, just curious, at what tempo does "slow" become "fast"?
    140 BPM or less - one bar count
    141 BPM or more - two bars count
    1 sets count to one bar; 2 sets count to two bars
    The setting is global.
    (Not available on android currently at v5.0.3)

For those interested:
    'Auto' is used because it is time (seconds) musicians need (not related to BPM) to position their instrument for play (like cello, tuba), or to switch to another app (lyrics, PDF notation), or where a pickup is required in the measure before the first bar starts playing etc. And often the audio count is not needed - off (especially if there are introductions) with the visual count indicating whether one or two bars are counting in.
    Last edited by dflat; 02-10-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: added reference to our android version

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    140 BPM or less - one bar count
    141 BPM or more - two bars count
    1 sets count to one bar; 2 sets count to two bars
    The setting is global.
    In that case I need to report, my settings all revert back to Auto when I open the program.

In that case I need to report, my settings all revert back to Auto when I open the program.
    Ah yes that makes sense. The settings where not saved (same as the color preference you mentioned earlier). This is now fixed thank you.

One more extremely minor thing:

I've noticed the Editor drop-down Style menu only allows the first letter of words to be capitalized (so "Pop - RnB" reads "Pop Rnb"). Screenshot: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pop-RnB.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	244 But otherwise it is correct in the Style list column and on the score. My iOS version also reads "Pop Rnb" when sorting songs by style. This causes absolutely no problem or inconvenience but just thought I'd mention it, in case someone really wants to label their song aCiDrOcKfUsIoN or some such silliness...

I do like both new Pro versions and I updated with zero complications or unpleasant surprises. 5 Stars Again!
    I will look into this minor issue. Thank you for reporting.

Ah yes that makes sense. The settings where not saved (same as the color preference you mentioned earlier). This is now fixed thank you.
    And thank you. Just so you know why this was a concern: I always use the full 2-bar count on iOS/iPod when performing live, for some of the reasons dflat mentioned. But I do all the editing on OSX/iMac, where I don't need or want a long count-in just to preview my changes. Not having to reset the Preferences each time I open the program will eliminate this minor inconvenience. Thanks again.