Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intermittent but persistent crash

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    ... all that happens is the chart suddenly gives me Landscape-sized chord symbols while I'm still in Portrait. ..
    Thanks Jack, I have been able to replicate this although did not have time to find out how it happens. If you get any more information, let us know via our support email. We will look into this.
    If it happens again without crashing (just the large chart appears) I suggest force quitting iReal Pro (like you have done with the other apps) then opening it again rather than continuing until it crashes. Make sure you do regular backups.

Wow, thanks, dflat. Finally I'm not the Lone Ranger with this odd crash. I'll be editing in iReal Pro with no other apps open for a while. I'll pass on whatever happens, of course -- by email, as you request.

And thanks for the force quit suggestion. I'll do that from now on.

Thanks, again, to you all. -Jack

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    ... with this odd crash.
    Well I did not get the crash (could be a number of reasons), just the large chart. I ran some tests while it was in that state to try to clear it (no crash). It was stable after the force quit and re-opening.

It didn't crash for me just after getting the large chart, either. It's just that after that when I'd go into Editor, I'd get the blank, black screen. It acted okay after I force crashed, too, although I'll be force quitting from now on.

Ok, that helps me, I saw the black. It might be crashing because it is trying to load the black to edit.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I should have clarified that it was the Editor that was crashing, i.e., crashing to black. I generally could navigate around the app after that, but the Editor was useless. Just leaving the app and returning didn't do it, i.e., the Editor still was blacked out. If I kept navigating around the app, it eventually would freeze, and I'd then have to reboot the iPhone. But I didn't wait that long — since I wanted to use the editor, I was crashing the app on purpose so I could start over with a good Editor, since the Editor was okay on a restart after crashing. Of course, now I've been taught how to force close the app rather than force crash it, and the Editor works fine after restarting following a force close, too.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 03-03-2014 at 08:26 PM.

dflat, I'm sorry to report that this particular crash (I.e., sudden Large chord symbols, Editor crashes to black) occurs even when I have zero other apps open -- not Safari or Settings, even -- just iReal Pro.

Two such crashes in the last hour. Both occurred the same way: I wasn't in Editor at the time. I had been in and out of it, but I was just looking at a finished chart in one of my playlists, and I tapped the screen to bring up the <Back arrow to go back to the playlist. Suddenly got the Large chord symbols. Then when I went into Editor it was blank and black.

Still easy to fix: force close iReal Pro, re-open and I'm good to go. . . . 'Til next time.

I have been using an iPhone 4S with iOS 7.0.6. I just got an iPhone 5C with iOS 7.1. I'll see if it happens with the 5C, too.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 03-21-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Any news on the bug on iOS 7.1 Jack?

Not yet, Massimo. Been too busy to get into another project. Hope to this weekend, if not sooner.
    Jack