Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent but persistent crash

Hi Jack.
    I haven't encountered your issue with iReal crashes.
    I have experienced other app crashes in my iPad,
    The first thing I check is: how many apps are open.
    (multi-finger up-swipe, long-press on an icon displayed at the bottom of the screen to bring-up the "minus" sign, then tap to close apps you aren't using. They can be re-opened from the home screen later)
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Hi, Niki-

Well, I installed version 5.0.4 (17410) without a hitch, but it didn't do anything to fix this crashing problem I've described, i.e., the one where I suddenly get Landscape-sized chord symbols while in Portrait mode.

iReal Pro still crashes once or twice per hour like this when I'm in and out of editor. Fortunately, it doesn't crash during just playback or we couldn't gig with it.

I can be in and out of editor pretty intensely sometimes. For example, in my current project, I'm currently making purely-cosmetic text changes to all 21 tunes in a playlist. The nature of each of the 21 changes requires that I go in and out of editor five times between two tune files. It takes me about a minute and a half to do each of the 21 changes, and it crashed when I was one-third through. I expect that it will crash again during this project. Fortunately, it usually takes less than a minute to get back up and running again, so this is more of a curiosity than a bother.
    Hi Jack,
    I tried to replicate your crash as well but I haven't succeeded so far on my iPad.
    Have you tried Bob's suggestion?
    Please email us at support the exact steps so we can replicate the crash.
    Thank you!
    Niki

Hi, Niki-

Hard to give you exact steps since - bang - it happens and then I have to ask myself what all I just did. I can tell you for a certainty that I am not doing exactly the same thing each time. Sometimes it happens immediately when I press Edit; sometimes while I'm already inside the editor.

I will try Bob's suggestion and get back to you. That could be it since I have a lot of apps.

Thanks, again. -Jack
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 03-02-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Bob's suggestion ((multi-finger up-swipe, long-press on an icon displayed at the bottom of the screen to bring-up the "minus" sign, then tap to close apps you aren't using. They can be re-opened from the home screen later) does't work for me.

I'm running the latest iOS7 on an iPhone 4S. When I up swipe (multiple times or not) all I get is the Control Center screen, which has only four icons at the bottom: Flashlight, Timer, Calculator and Camera.

Bob's suggestion ((multi-finger up-swipe, long-press on an icon displayed at the bottom of the screen to bring-up the "minus" sign, then tap to close apps you aren't using. They can be re-opened from the home screen later) does't work for me.

I'm running the latest iOS7 on an iPhone 4S. When I up swipe (multiple times or not) all I get is the Control Center screen, which has only four icons at the bottom: Flashlight, Timer, Calculator and Camera.
    On iOS 7: Double-tap the Home button and swipe up the apps you don't use.

Okay, Niki, but please tell me exactly where I'm supposed to be when I see the Home button you're talking about. Double tapping the Home icon from inside iReal Pro doesn't take me there and there is no Home button that I can find on my regular start screen, i.e., the one with all my app icons on it. No Home button on my Control Center screen, either.

Okay, Niki, but please tell me exactly where I'm supposed to be when I see the Home button you're talking about. Double tapping the Home icon from inside iReal Pro doesn't take me there and there is no Home button that I can find on my regular start screen, i.e., the one with all my app icons on it. No Home button on my Control Center screen, either.
    Home button is the one at the bottom of your phone. (the only button you have on your iPhone)

Okay, thanks, Niki. (I had been looking for that little House icon, as being "Home.")

So I just did as you said, and I swiped up more than a hundred app icons. (Never did this before.) ONLY app still showing there now is iReal Pro. I even swiped up App Store. We'll see what happens now. Thanks, again, Niki and Bob. -Jack
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 03-02-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Niki wrote: On iOS 7: Double-tap the Home button and swipe up the apps you don't use.

Just when you get used to something (and are happy with it).....they go and make it "better" !
    <sigh>
    )BOB

Ha, Bob! So true.

Same thing happens with the mountain resort town where I live. Newbies come here on a vacation, "fall in love" with "paradise" (they always say that), then they move here and immediately try to improve it.
    Jack