Thread: Chord Notation and placement in 12-8 time

Default Chord Notation and placement in 12-8 time

I cannot figure out how to place the chords more precisely in the Middle section of Twilight Time. I have transposed to G because the key suits my voice.

The previous edit that I downloaded had the timing of some chords wrong and was in 4-4 in Medium Swing mode. It is not a swing but a Pop 12-8 feel or 4-4 with triplets. I have changed it from 4-4 to 12-8. I have improved it but it is still not exactly what I want. If you know the song, the changes on the words "Beneath The Blue..." need to follow the rhythm of the words

This is how I want the changes: I have tried to represent 4 sets of 3 beats, per bar, with the changes occurring on the beats as I want it:

Middle: 12-8 || B// /// /// /// | B7// /// /// /// | Em// /// /// Co/Em | Em/Co /// /// /// |

i.e. I want the chord Em chord following the Co chord (in bar 3), to come on the 12th quaver of the bar, i.e. before the beat;
    I also want the Co chord in bar 4 to come on the 3rd quaver, again (in bar 4).

It is important to get this right as it affects the playback.

How do I edit to produce the result I want?

I addition is there a way of adding forward slashes to denote beats of the bar (as I have done here)?

Twilight Time (cgriffin) - RAM-Nevins-Dunn
    Last edited by cgriffin; 01-17-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Unfortunately it is not possible to specify sub-beats to the player currently.
    Slashes are on the virtual keyboard in song edit, or on Mac you can use the slash on the physical keyboard. Again, they are used for the main beats.

Thanks for that...

In the interim I had figured out how to enter the slashes.

Great pity about the sub-beats.

It's OK though, as I've decided not to use the playback except while editing. I'll just continue to create and use my own backings. iReal Pro will be my reference library, a jazz tutor for me, and may be useful when busking with other musos.

It's great app & networking resource.

This doesn't address your specific situation, but the thread offers some interesting work-arounds.
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...5683#post15683
    )BOB