Thread: Question for the lyrics gurus among you

Default Question for the lyrics gurus among you

This question is for you experts at incorporating lyrics right into iReal Pro charts:

I commonly run into a situation where I need a double line of lyrics just before the endings, and it's really a squeeze compared to a normal double-line situation. (See the two sample charts below. Lyrics changed, of course.)

Chart 1 is the best way I've come up with so far, but note how squeezed the bottom lines of lyrics are compared with the top lines. Chart 2 shows what it looks like if I don't use the down arrow to lower the endings, which I don't like as well as Chart 1.

Do any of you long-time users have a better way of incorporating lyrics directly into a chart in this situation?

Lyrics Question (2)

1. Canadian Sunset JHC V Ab100 1 - Dick and Jane F
    2. Canadian Sunset JHC V Ab100 2 - Dick and Jane F
    Jack

Just because you can pound in a nail with a big wrench (even the best wrench ever), doesn't mean that's the right tool for the job.
    An app that can display chords along with lyrics that scroll at your desired tempo as well as play your pre-recorded (iReal) audio or trigger a second device using bluetooth (that might work like air-turn...I don't know) might better serve your needs.
    Check out bandhelper.com they also offer the set list maker app that might work as well.

iReal Pro isn't designed to incorporate lyrics. But, it does what it was designed for better than anything else.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-11-2014 at 04:04 PM.

I created the wrong impression with my post. I'm not at all unhappy with the way iReal Pro does lyrics. I'm astonished that it does them well enough for me to read them on my iPhone at all, which it does — especially in landscape. iReal Pro is the most amazing app I know about — music-related or otherwise —and I have a whole lot of them. I'm having a great time digging around and finding out that it does a lot of stuff that it wasn't designed to do — and pretty darned well, too. And I'm learning how better to use it everyday. For example, after I posted this query, I realized that I hadn't even used all available systems, so all I had to do was break that last 8-measure system into two 4-measure systems to avoid squeezed lyrics altogether.

I have a special interest in lyrics, I guess. A sub-hobby is learning as much as I can about the great lyricists of the '20s, '30s and '40s, the Tin Pan Alley days — the so-called Golden Age of popular music. It seems to me a great tune becomes a song only when the poetry is written for it.

I'm relatively new to iReal Pro or iReal♭, either one. So I'm sure there are a lot of users out there who know much more about it than I do. I'm sorry if I offended by my inquiry. I really did intend it as a learning opportunity for me.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 01-11-2014 at 03:57 PM.
    Jack

No offense taken. I suggested an alternative that may better serve your needs and still permit your use of iReal.
    )BOB

And thanks for that, Bob. I've been to that website, now, and it looks very worth investigating, which I'll do. We do have a amateur local band for which it may be helpful, although one member of the band is 74 and refuses to learn even how to retrieve his email. And, yeah, I'll still have a gas working things out with iReal Pro.
    Jack

This chart may be of interest:

[Example] Using Text - Example

)BOB

iOS v.7 app now has split-screen multi-tasking
    https://www.facebook.com/irealproapp...type=3&theater

)BOB