Thread: Road Song - Wes Montgomery

Default Road Song - Wes Montgomery

I made an, in my opinion, better version of Montgomery's Road Song with a bit better rhythms than the one in the 1200-pack. Also some different chords which I feel sounds better.

Road Song (Ver 1)
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-18-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Default Road Song -- a fix

A minor but important fix to the "Road Song" from the Jazz 1200 list. While playing this, I was missing the C7 in the second measure:

Road Song

Default OGD (aka Road Song) Wes Montgomery

OGD aka Road Song (G-)

Settings: Jazz > Bossa Nova; Tempo: 136

Kinda late to respond, but I'm just curious. From who's version are you getting this? The original 1966 Wes Montgomery/Jimmy Smith track - then called OGD - definitely stays on G minor. A more Latin montuno feel might lend itself to alternating between G-7 and G-6, with the latter chord briefly hinting at C7. (No two interpretations will be exactly alike, but I think calling this a "fix" is a bit too adamant.) This only caught my attention because I posted my own hearing of OGD a while back:

http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....ght=montgomery
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Hi,

I found C7 in the 2nd bar in the Jamey Aebersold Play along version (vol. 62). But in the Real Book I version it remains on G minor. Having found more differences between Aebersold and the old and new real books, I tend to distrust Aebersold.
    So I support DaleMac in his opinion.

Default Road Song - Wes Montgomery

Road Song - Jazzcaz Version - Wes Montgomery
    I think that some of the chords for this song as printed in the “Real Book” are not quite right.
    Here is my version of it. Hope you enjoy!
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-23-2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Moved to existing song thread

Road Song - Wes Montgomery