Thread: Style on chart vs. Player styles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Style on chart vs. Player styles

I think I'm not using Styles optimally. I can designate a Style for a particular tune in that tune's Edit feature, but there is also a feature in the playback menu, right under the Play arrow, that allows you to select a Style. They don't always read the same. Does one override the other? Sometimes it seems like that happens . . . but sometimes . . . I 'm not quite sure what I'm getting. (Yes, I have all the Styles Packs.) So, what is the best way to select styles for playback? Thanks.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-05-2015 at 01:38 PM.
    Jack

The style listed on the chart by its author (using the editor) can be anything. It's only the chart-author's suggestion/description. It's not connected to player-feature's styles. Labeling a tune's style as "stinky jump" or "easy slide" won't affect the player.

When the user selects (in the player) a player-style, tempo and number of song repeats, those player settings are remembered (just like the key) and will transfer with the song until changed/reset.

Currently, the only styles available for the player are are included in the app. The developer has added blues styles and salsa styles available as separate in-app purchases. More may become available in the future.

In summary, the style suggested on the chart is information. The style in the player is a setting.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-05-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Got it. Thanks, Bob.
    Jack