Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Style Packs? <old discussion thread>

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith View Post
    I too would want some great funk grooves, but I don't see what you would do to implement it - every song I want to put a funk groove to seems to have a uniques, pretty-well-defined bass line, without which the song just isn't the same - at all. Generally, not even close.

What can be useful is a fully qualified break - either short single note hit or totally silent. So many jazz tunes have breaks in the head...
    You can use N.C. (no chord) for a break. It is the best we can offer at the moment. The complexities of funk! I suspect it comes down to doing your own drum funk track note-by-note if you really want it accurate which you can do with other apps, midi, (hiring a real drummer etc.!) We will put one out eventually and think of it as a groove rather than a specific song.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

Please add more Latin boleros, I have the Latin real book and it will be great if you guys add the iPad Latin real book package. I love your app is the best!

I would have thought that the more funky jazz would be next on the list, I mean... Brecker Brothers?

I'm looking forward to it, the jazz funk standards don't work so well with the swing setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Missmisstreater View Post
    I...more funky jazz would be next on the list, I mean... Brecker Brothers?
    We will get it there for you. The style packs actually take a long time to prepare as each sound used and rhythm are developed testing different songs and tempos so they are as versatile (and generic) as possible. But we are working on more rhythms at the moment. We had to make some updates to iReal book for Mac recently. We have many updates to work on at the moment.
    Thanks for your comments.

Default Jazz and Latin Packs Availability?

I just did get the iRB app before it was pulled, but didn't get the J&L Packs. Since the iRB has been pulled, I am guessing that the J&L Packs are not available for purchase as well. Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zbop33 View Post
    ...Since the iRB has been pulled, I am guessing that the J&L Packs are not available for purchase as well. Am I right?
    They should still work (in theory.)

Can't seem to find those apps on iTunes anywhere. Looks like they have been pulled as well. I'll have to be patient, I suppose. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zbop33 View Post
    Can't seem to find those apps on iTunes anywhere. Looks like they have been pulled as well....
    They are not purchased via iTunes as they are in-app purchases. Within iReal book>Settings>Player are the purchase buttons to install each pack. Give them a try. You still have to put in your iTunes password.

"There is no funk yet because it is not relevant to the Jazz style" - Waaaaaaaaa????? are you kidding???? I guessed you are unfamiliar with John Scofield, Miles Davis, Grant Green, Horace Silver, George Benson, Ron Carter, Herbie Hancock, George Duke, Billy Cobham, Boogaloo Joe Jones, Idris Muhammad, The Crusaders, Soulive, The Greyboy Allstars, Eddie Harris, David T Walker, Jaco Pastorious, Freddie Hubbard, and many many more artists who have mixed funk and jazz. Shish!

C'mon man, you're replying to a post that is more than 3 years old... Back then, the app was still mostly focused on straight-ahead jazz standards and the player feature had just been introduced (as a practice tool).

iReal Pro has evolved a lot since then. (and continues to evolve) it ain't Google or Microsoft, just a tiny development team that's working really hard.

There's a Funk style that's one of the Pop styles for the player feature.
    You just arrived here. Take some time to learn what this great app CAN do for you before you start complaining.

Here's admin's latest response about new styles:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...2254#post22254

Something more about the history:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...1279#post21279

Welcome.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-02-2014 at 07:21 PM.