Thread: "Chords" vs. "Symbols" ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "Chords" vs. "Symbols" ??

Niki, this has got to be the smallest possible thing to raise about the new iOS7 layout, . . . but . . .

Is it just me or does it seem to you, too, that the toggle button at the bottom of the editor—the one that toggles "Chords" with "Symbols"—is labeled backwards? I mean, you're already making chords, yet the toggle button reads "Chords," and when you press it, it takes you to the symbols keyboard and the button then changes to read "Symbols" while you're there. All the other navigation buttons are labeled where they will take you, not where you already are, e.g., the "abc" button will take you to Text, and once you get there the "abc" button naturally disappears and you have access to a Done button. That's the usual thing with just about any app, isn't it?

I finally noticed that when I am in the Chords keyboard and want to go to the Symbols keyboard, I find myself stalled with my finger hovering over nothing that looks like it will take me to the Symbols keyboard. Then I remember, oh, yeah, you press "Chords" to go to Symbols. . . . They've gotta be labeled backwards, aren't they?
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 01-02-2014 at 09:37 AM.
    Jack