Thread: How about a SOCIAL LOUNGE forum section in the discussion forums?

Default How about a SOCIAL LOUNGE forum section in the discussion forums?

Presently, there's no appropriate place for general musical networking discussion in the forums.

I think it would be useful to have a SOCIAL LOUNGE discussion section that's not related to specific musical genres, songs, styles, app versions and how-to's.

A SOCIAL discussion forum could be useful as the appropriate place for iReal Pro users to post:
    *if a musician/member/iReal Pro user were planing a visit to
    <insert city/country name> and wanted to connect with other musicians/iReal users while there.
    *bands seeking players, players seeking bands.
    *perhaps a gig announcements thread
    *a thread for regular public jam sessions and other musical opportunities.
    * "Hey I just found this cool <thing, instrument, website, etc.> that I'd like to share with my iReal friends."
    although I think self-promotion of products and services, items for sale and SPAM should be prohibited.
    *general expressions of appreciation and well-wishes to the iReal developers as well as the group.
    currently here: http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...-You-iReal-pro
    *links to videos/tracks of members using iReal in performance.
    *an education thread where teachers can discuss cool ways they use iReal Pro in their work.

I'm sure others will have many ideas too.

There are other instrument-specific internet forums (opinions/questions about brands, strings, amps, effects etc.) that are more appropriate for those web-forums.

Our community is international in scope, but we're each linked by a common appreciation of music, musical education (for others as well as ourselves), and facilitating those musical efforts with the fantastic iReal Pro app. What do you think about having about a SOCIAL discussion section to talk about the stuff that connects all of us.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-26-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Hello Bob,
    I like your idea.
    Will contact you directly.

Massimo.

Hi,

+1

A great suggestion.
    Cheers! Dave... MacBook Pro - OS X 10.10 - Mac iRp v 6.1 - iOS iRp v 6.1