Thread: IReal Pro keeps crashing

Exclamation IReal Pro keeps crashing

Any one please help.

I am trying to open a chord chart in another application and it keeps crashing before the list of available apps for sending pops up.

This is a new problem. Never was a problem with old version.

I am a journeyman musician and I need to be able to move charts in between apps and send to other musicians on the fly at gigs.

Please help a.s.a.p.

Please tell us what the steps are exactly. Are you trying to share the charts as PDF, html or Image?
    Which iOS do you have? Do you have the latest version of iReal Pro?

Thank you for responding so quickly.

I have a first generation 16GB IPad running 5.1.1

Steps:

Open app
    Open chart
    Select "Chord Chart" then "PDF" then "Open With App" then "Open In"

That's when the program crashes.

I have been used your app for a long time. As a professional musician, this app is so helpful when singers change keys of tunes, or a tune is called we don't have a chart for. I am able to add it to my setlist in another application or email it to them immediately so they can open it right on the bandstand.

Please help.

Hi!
    I have a similar problem, the difference being that it crashes when i try to open, it doesnt load the app.
    First Genration ipad running 5.1.1.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Gcarboy View Post
    Open app
    Open chart
    Select "Chord Chart" then "PDF" then "Open With App" then "Open In"
    That's when the program crashes.
    Thanks, yes this can cause the app to crash. We will look into this. You should be able to email the PDF to yourself, when it arrives, try the Open in.
    Could this be a workaround for now?

Quote Originally Posted by lcc View Post
    Hi!
    I have a similar problem, the difference being that it crashes when i try to open, it doesnt load the app.
    First Genration ipad running 5.1.1.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    It should open and function on iPad 1.
    Have you tried a Force quit of the app?
    Could you turn your iPad off completely then on again, then check?

Do you have an email backup of your files? If you do, you can delete the app and reinstall (from the App store under the same iTunes account you purchased it from originally and it will be free.) Then import your songs again. (You will also need to restore any in-app purchases - in Settings.)

Yes that does work for now. Only problem is if i don't have a wifi connection at my gig, I am done.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know when you guys have a fix for the program. This is a really big deal for us musicians right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcarboy View Post
    Yes that does work for now. Only problem is if i don't have a wifi connection at my gig, I am done.
    I presume you are importing to a different app then? Check to see if that app can import from Photos. If so, you could make a screenshot which will save there.
    (Also, could you tether to your phone with 3G or 4G?)
    Sorry for the problem. We will look into it as soon as we can.

-------
    Transfer information for others reading this post, for a screenshot saved to Photos:
    Between iOS7 devices, you can use Airdrop which creates its own network with a device nearby to exchange photos (etc.)
    Or with an internet connection, some people like using Bump app which runs on Android devices as well as iOS.

I still experience a crash every several hours while editing. Suddenly, the editor will zoom in on a corner of the chart so that I'm only seeing part of the left side of the chart and the chord symbols are suddenly about twice their normal size. If I try various things to recover, the screen always goes completely black. Just exiting and reentering iReal Pro doesn't help; I have to reboot my iPhone, which always solves the problem . . . 'til next time.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 12-26-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    I still experience a crash every several hours while editing...
    Do you see a crash message the next time you launch iReal Pro? If so, please send it to us so we can investigate. There is no personal information contained in it, just the crash details. Thanks for your details.