Thread: Every year, every Christmas - Luther Vandross-Richard Marx

Default Every year, every Christmas - Luther Vandross-Richard Marx

Every Year Every Christmas - Luther Vandross
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-03-2015 at 04:51 AM.

Question Can A Repeat Be Skipped?

Hello,

Is it possible to program a chart such that there is a repeat in the first play-through, but the repeat would be omitted in the second?

I am working with the chart posted for Every Year, Every Christmas (recorded by Luther Vandross). In the recording, section A is repeated twice in the first "verse", but only performed once in the second. Is this possible in the iReal player?

I have successfully edited the chart to include a 4 bar intro, and to end after section A on the third pass (verse), and even added a coda to loop the last 4 bars.

But the repeat in the second verse remains a bit of a problem. Is there a way to drop it out?

Thank you!
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-20-2022 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Moved to existing song discussion thread

FOR HELP WITH YOUR CHART
    For help with a chart post your chart here in iRp format so members can download it and open it in the editor.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...1154#post71154

The “best” answer for your situation depends on your specific chart.

Is it possible to program a chart such that there is a repeat in the first play-through, but the repeat would be omitted in the second?
    The answer to your question is likely “yes”. Post your chart here so it can be edited.

)BOB

Here’s my edited chart. I’ve changed the time signature in addition to previously listed changes.

What I would like, now, is to omit the repeat of section A on the second play through.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Altus View Post
    Here’s my edited chart. I’ve changed the time signature in addition to previously listed changes.

What I would like, now, is to omit the repeat of section A on the second play through.

Thanks!
    Your attempt to post a song chart was not successful.

Read this
    Hidden Clipboard...
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...6967#post26967

Do this
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...d-chart/?p=all

)BOB

Every Year Every Christmas 2 - Luther Vandross

Thanks, the chart is now posted (in fact, my first time I hadn’t realized that the code was necessary - I deleted it!).

Does this play as you would like?

Every Year Every Christmas 2 - Luther Vandross

By including the 1st verse as part of the INTRO it will only play once at the start.

Yes, in this case, you must write it out twice.

The player repeat setting will adjust the number of AB repeats then it will jump to the coda where indicated the on the final repeat.

)BOB

YES! Thank you. One note: The correct time signature is 6/4. I’ve corrected it, here. Every Year Every Christmas 2 1 - Luther Vandross