Thread: Saving the Progressions to text.

Default Saving the Progressions to text.

I know you can save the chord sheet to (iPod ) PDF, but there is no way using Preview (MacBook Pro OS X 10.9.1*) to copy paste the chords from the PDF to a text editor. The text items if there are any in the score you can copy/paste but not the chord names or any thing else. This is very inconvenient. Is there some way to get the chord sheet into a text ( plain ) editor? I think there should be.http://www.irealb.com/forums/images/...s/rolleyes.gif
    MacBook Pro 15 in. *OS X 10.8.5,
    Mac: Logic 9 (scoring, producing), iReal b (progressions)
    iPod: MusicStudio (melody and rhythm ideas) Reflow(composition,arranging) iReal b (progressions)

iReal Pro has its own internal code for the chords, barlines, spacing etc. so it is not easily possible to extract the chords as text even though the resulting PDF might look simple.
    We provide musicXML export so this could go into Logic (also Sibelius etc.) so you might be able to get chords as text from Logic (I have not looked into this) or use the xml file and script a 'find/change' (or if you know, regex) so you are left with the text of the chords.

What are you wanting to do if they could be extracted? Is it for ChordPro format?

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    iReal Pro has its own internal code for the chords, barlines, spacing etc. so it is not easily possible to extract the chords as text even though the resulting PDF might look simple.
    We provide musicXML export so this could go into Logic
    Logic 9 will only import XML files from Final Cut.

What are you wanting to do if they could be extracted?
    Put them is a text editor for various uses mixing with lyrics etc.
    iPod: MusicStudio (melody and rhythm ideas) Reflow(composition,arranging) iReal b (progressions)

sorry I forgot Logic 9 does not have music XML import.
    I cannot then think of any other way at the moment, besides editing the xml file itself as mentioned. If I think of anything I will post back.
    Perhaps others here might have a solution.

Thanks for your replies I appreciate that you tried to help.