Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I limit the bars per line in the editor?

Default How do I limit the bars per line in the editor?

Hi.

I have a fast song here with a lot of repeating bars, but I'd like to still have only 4 bars per line showing in the editor or player so counting is easier for me, and so far, I haven't found a way to accomplish that.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by semmelbroesel View Post
    Hi.

I have a fast song here with a lot of repeating bars, but I'd like to still have only 4 bars per line showing in the editor or player so counting is easier for me, and so far, I haven't found a way to accomplish that.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Thanks!
    Have you tried enclosing one or two of the repeating measures with repeat brackets and within the repeated bars add the number of desired repeat cycles (eg. x2, x8 etc.) using text?

If you are using the player-feature, it's helpful to write-out the last repeat following the bracketed repeats. When the position indicator starts to move you know it's the last repeat (if you should lose count).
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-06-2014 at 04:59 PM.

While that's a possibility for counting, it doesn't satisfy my need for visual structure :-)

I keep looking at other files that have exactly 4 bars per line in the editor, and I'd really like to know how this structure is achieved.

I can only imagine that spaces are being used, but I can't even reproduce that - maybe I'm using the wrong horizontal lines, but I can't insert a space between the bar line and the repeat symbol - the space either goes before the bar line or after the repeat, no matter where I place the cursor...

I guess I should also ask if there happens to be a tutorial or instructions out there that explain the properties of every single button in the interface in detail - so far, I haven't found one apart from the 11 page tutorial that is way too simple for what I need to know...

Thanks!

The repeat sign % means repeat the previous measure here.
    The % sign is intentionally off-set so when entered on the second space of a 4-space measure, it will appear centered in that measure.
    The repeat brackets [: :] mean repeat the contents of this measure/phrase/section again once. Add x(number) using text if you want more than one repeat.

There are helpful links here:
    Templates, Set-up and glossary
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...1746#post21746

Thanks for the links, I'll take a look at them.

Otherwise, this explains the "strange" behavior I've experienced when working with this, but I still don't know how most charts I look at fit exactly 4 bars into one line while I don't seem to be able to achieve this.

Ah, this does help, thanks :-)

Hopefully, I can figure things out from there.

Thanks again!

Great!
    Welcome,
    )BOB

In fact, given the concept of the templates and the post about the spaces per line, I figured I'd redo the entire song, so I created a copy of an existing song with a similar structure, and here we go, I finally have my song in the format I want it to be :-)

Thanks again!