Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Guitar chords library display backwards

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Guitar chords library display backwards

    What has happened to the guitar chord library? Since updating to iReal Pro, the notes for C7#5 are given as D, F, C#, D, or in another position, as F#, B, Eb, C... The notes for C major 7 are equally screwy. I've loved iReal b, and I hope this will be sorted without delay.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-26-2015 at 04:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    Could you check in the Play store (android) or App store (mac, iOS) you have the current version? Thanks.
    If you do, is it android, Mac or iOS?
    And if it is still occurring, is it for any measure or just some of them? Perhaps you could post a song where it is occurring?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Screwy chords

    Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Could you check in the Play store (android) or App store (mac, iOS) you have the current version? Thanks.
    If you do, is it android, Mac or iOS?
    And if it is still occurring, is it for any measure or just some of them? Perhaps you could post a song where it is occurring?
    It's iOS. The version is 5.0.2 (17130), and it was updated yesterday.
    The problem occurs on all the chords I've looked at. It is not related to any specific song, it is in the chord library.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I now see the problem. I've just noticed that the strings of the guitar are named in reverse order, i.e., from left to right on the chord diagrams, E, B, G, D, A, E, so that all the chord shapes are as if one saw them in a mirror.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    There are 2 hand buttons in the guitar chord window, depending on whether you are right or left handed.
    (Previously this was in Settings so you might not have seen it if you are right handed.)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    There are 2 hand buttons in the guitar chord window, depending on whether you are right or left handed.
    (Previously this was in Settings so you might not have seen it if you are right handed.)
    What a relief! I am so glad that I can continue to use iReal b - it is an invaluable tool. Many thanks for your attention.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,833

    Default

    I was worried it was much more serious I am glad you observed the string names reversed, otherwise I would have had to investigate further.
    Thanks for your reply, good you have it worked out and thanks for your support.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Thanks. I bought the chords yesterday, but when I click the icon in Chord Diagrams, i get a message "you have not yet purchased the Guitar Chords". When I go to the Store, it says i have bought them. Any ideas?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tg24 View Post
    Thanks. I bought the chords yesterday, but when I click the icon in Chord Diagrams, i get a message "you have not yet purchased the Guitar Chords". When I go to the Store, it says i have bought them. Any ideas?
    See if this thread helps:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...-download-Help
    )BOB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tg24 View Post
    Thanks. I bought the chords yesterday, but when I click the icon in Chord Diagrams, i get a message "you have not yet purchased the Guitar Chords". When I go to the Store, it says i have bought them. Any ideas?
    Try to reboot your device, it should solve the issue.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Do you have any questions?

Check out our Support page

Sign up to our newsletter
Join us