Thread: Just Friends - John Klenner

Default Just Friends - John Klenner

Just Friends - John Klenner

I'm stuck with iReal b for Snow Leopard for now—my question is: Multiple Fermatas?

I want to write a coda in 4/4 that has fermatas on the 1st and 3rd beats of the penultimate measure, then a fermata on 1st beat of last measure. I have no problem doing this, but the Player only recognizes the last fermata…do I have to adjust the measures to make "pseudo-fermatas"?

As you can see, it looks right, but doesn't work—or am I missing something?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-13-2020 at 06:41 PM.

I don't think the player-feature reacts to (any) fermata in the chart. That sign is used for musician information only.
    The last two bars in your chart count: 1,2,3,4;1,2,3,4;1... (without retard) with and without fermata(s).

See if this plays closer to what you have in mind:

Just Friends - John Klenner

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-13-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzhound View Post
    ...but the Player only recognizes the last fermata…do I have to adjust the measures to make "pseudo-fermatas"?
    As you can see, it looks right, but doesn't work—or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    I don't think the player-feature reacts to (any) fermata in the chart. That sign is used for musician information only.
    Correct, currently it does not. The one you think it is reacting to at the end is just how we program it to sound like a band is finishing the song.

Default Yeah... We're Sleeping Together - Elliot Deutsch Big Band

Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-13-2020 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Copied here from elsewhere

Default Just Friends condensed for lyrics

I have done this with quite a few arrangements. In order to fit lyrics you have to condense the chart as much as possible. It is an interesting dilemma when it comes to bars. Three beat bars look best when there is one chord but with two chords do you have to go with four beats . I will use two beats if necessary sometimes.
    Just Friends Wi Lyrics - Harry Warren
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Please review the guidelines for posting charts:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-and-playlists

Always remember to include correct composer information on charts posted in the forums.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...er-information

Just Friends was composed by John Klenner
    Please correct your chart

Thanks for sharing
    )BOB

Just Friends Wi Lyrics - John Klenner