Thread: Having trouble sending an iReal Pro chart from my iPhone to my Mac,

Default Having trouble sending an iReal Pro chart from my iPhone to my Mac,

I have iReal Pro installed on both my iPhone and my Macbook. I have tried to email a chart from my iPhone to my Mac. Starting in Song View (i.e., I have the chart itself open to view), touching the screen displays the Send icon at the top. (A square with an arrow.) Touching the Send icon displays "Chord Chart." Touching Chord Chart displays "Email." Touching "Email" takes me to an outgoing email form, complete with instructions to the recipient (me) how to open the chart once my email arrives in my Mac. I fill in the "To:" line with my email address, which it recognizes and accepts like it knows it well since my name pops up in blue when I've typed only a few letters. The word "Send" appears in blue. I touch Send and I get that wonderful WHOOOSH-SH-SH sound that leaves absolutely no doubt in my mind that my email has been sent. . . . And nothing ever arrives. Not in my Inbox, not in my Spam folder.

I'm guessing I have a setting wrong at one end or the other or both. But I don't see anything obvious. If you have some ideas as to what I'm doing wrong, I'd sure appreciate knowing about them. Thanks very much.
    Jack

Have you tried to send it to a different email address? All the other emails arrive that you send from this account?

Hi, Niki-

Yeah, I've tried sending it to my two email accounts (yahoo; gmail) and to my wife's. No email ever arrives in either Inbox or Spam. I noticed this before with another app I have that claims you can email copies of public domain sheet music right while it's open in your iPhone. Same thing: Big WHOOSH and nothing ever arrives. That's why I'm thinking it might be a setting on my iPhone, but I've crawled all over my iPhone 4S Settings screens and haven't recognized anything. Any ideas?
    Jack

It's probably your email client server settings, rather than your iPhone or iReal. I know my mine won't let me send anything from my iPod Touch because it "does not allow relaying" and everything ends up dumped in the Outbox folder. Open your Mail app and see what's there. Also check for any alerts or error messages when you send something, since you won't see them emailing directly from iReal.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

some things to try:
    - check your outbox for each account, are they still in there? or have they been sent (I assume so, because of the whoosh sound) so they should be in Sent box. I assume that the whoosh sound verifies it has been sent, which in this case it could be your wife's email. In this case, can she send to herself and receive?

- since it is both emails not sending, restart your device then test.

- Check your SMTP settings for each email account. What I usually do is change the port number (or address) to a random number near what it should be, then exit out. Then go back in and change it back to what is should be. (To be completely sure, I usually check with another device using the same email account what the settings are, or on-line to what they should be set at.)

- can you receive email on those iPhone accounts (test with a friend, not your wife's)

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    ...have they been sent (I assume so, because of the whoosh sound)...
    In my experience, the whoosh sound does not guarantee an email has been sent successfully.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Jack are you still having problems? have you managed to do any more tests to find out what is wrong?

The past few days have been consumed by work. I have some free time tomorrow though. Thanks, all, for your suggestions. I'll be trying them all.

But it appears that Sandbox here is an easy way, too.
    Jack

I have sent charts and playlists to myself and others via email before, but today I can't even enter an email address in the To field. I'm connected via wireless and other email is working on my phone.

More details:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-in-ANY-format
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-13-2017 at 09:21 PM.