Thread: Editor save issue

Default Editor save issue

I have partially completed a chart and wish to save it. If I e-mail the link as suggested and then try to open it on an Android device running the App nothing happens. If I copy the code and paste into Web editor I can't then import it.

Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by oliverjames View Post
    I have partially completed a chart and wish to save it...
    What did you do this on? Android, Web editor? PC, Mac?

If I e-mail the link as suggested and then try to open it on an Android device running the App nothing happens. If I copy the code and paste into Web editor I can't then import it.
    The android device you are trying to open it on, is that the same device or another? Does it have the latest version of iReal Pro on it?

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    What did you do this on? Android, Web editor? PC, Mac?

Editing on PC running Xubuntu Linux, same result whether I use Chromium or Firefox browsers, function better with Chromium.

The android device you are trying to open it on, is that the same device or another? Does it have the latest version of iReal Pro on it?
    Latest version of the App is installed on Smartphone running Android 4.3.1 and on Asus Transformer tablet. Same problem with both. I open the email with pasted code, click on the code link, nothing happens.

Cheers.

Web editor - yes I cannot get it to work using Safari browser either. If you have (yet) another browser, try that.

But I successfully copied and pasted from the FORUMS box into the Sandbox here at the forum. Once the post is submitted, the song appeared. Try this instead. This is what we use the Sandbox for, anyone wanting to transfer. This means that from your Android device, touch the song name in that post and it should import ok.
    Let me know if you get that to work.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Web editor - yes I cannot get it to work using Safari browser either. If you have (yet) another browser, try that.

But I successfully copied and pasted from the FORUMS box into the Sandbox here at the forum. Once the post is submitted, the song appeared. Try this instead. This is what we use the Sandbox for, anyone wanting to transfer. This means that from your Android device, touch the song name in that post and it should import ok.
    Let me know if you get that to work.
    Yes I found that solution. It would be nice to have an easier save option though. Another great improvement would be the ability to cut and past multiple bars of music.

Yes I found that solution. It would be nice to have an easier save option though. Another great improvement would be the ability to cut and past multiple bars of music.
    You can cut and paste bars. Check out the tutorial inside iReal Pro in Settings.
    I also attached some pictures about it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tut_editor8.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tut_editor9.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	230

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    You can cut and paste bars. Check out the tutorial inside iReal Pro in Settings.
    I also attached some pictures about it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tut_editor8.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tut_editor9.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	230
    Thank you. Yes that works nicely. When using the browser based web editor, I've found a solution for saving a chart;
    - Copy the html code from the "Forums" box on the web editor,
    - Paste it into the HTML editing software on your computer and save the file,
    - Then to reload the "work in progress" file, open the saved HTML file, copy the HTML code into the "Import" box of the browser editor (it should start with "irealb://" and click on the Import button.

I note that edits to a chart imported from the Forum are not updated on the Forum entry; might it be possible to add this option?

A further question; I have a section that I wish to repeat twice and then on the 3rd round to goto a different ending. See my posting of "Everyday I write the book". Is there a way to do this without simply repeating the section?

Best regards.

Thank you. Yes that works nicely. When using the browser based web editor, I've found a solution for saving a chart;
    - Copy the html code from the "Forums" box on the web editor,
    - Paste it into the HTML editing software on your computer and save the file,
    - Then to reload the "work in progress" file, open the saved HTML file, copy the HTML code into the "Import" box of the browser editor (it should start with "irealb://" and click on the Import button.

I note that edits to a chart imported from the Forum are not updated on the Forum entry; might it be possible to add this option?

A further question; I have a section that I wish to repeat twice and then on the 3rd round to goto a different ending. See my posting of "Everyday I write the book". Is there a way to do this without simply repeating the section?

Best regards.
    Please email me the song to support at irealpro.com
    Thank you!