Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IOS 7, iReal Pro and Alesis IO Dock

Default IOS 7, iReal Pro and Alesis IO Dock

Hi there,

i try to use the new iReal Pro with my Alesis IO Dock an iPad 3. generation. It works fine for a few seconds, then the audio go wrong and the iPad restarts. Has anyone a tip?

THX

Ingo

Hi Ingo,
    We apologize for the inconvenience. Other users experienced issues as well. We will try to test it and fix it.
    Thank you for your patience!
    Niki

Having a problem with iReal Pro and Alesis IO Dock also. It works fine for a time and then degenerates into horrible distortion. iPad works fine through headphone jack or other UBS DAC. Thought maybe the problem was with the IO Dock but the intermittent nature of the problem has me baffled.
    HJ

Hi HoldenJazz,

i think the problem is caused by iReal Pro, because any of my other like Garageband, SampleTank, iLectric or Music Studio works fine without any Problems on my iPad with the IO Dock.

Ingo

Yes same problem for me-- sound degenerates and also tempo gets completely wacky.

Hi guys,
    Seems like at least 3 people have issues with this.
    I was going to buy one of these products so I could test it but it's expensive and reviews are terrible.
    Lot's of people are having all kinds of issues with them so I feel like it might not be worth the effort,
    specially since similar products from other companies like iRig don't seem to have problem running iReal Pro.
    That being said, there is a new version of the Audiobus SDK which I will include in the next minor revision in January and that might fix the problem.

Any update on iRealbook and Alesis io Dock? I continue to have same distortion problems as described previously above.

Quote Originally Posted by artlabriola View Post
    Any update on iRealbook and Alesis io Dock? I continue to have same distortion problems as described previously above.
    The minor revision Massimo refers to has a few small updates related to audio. We are still testing it but it should not be too long for release and you can see if it makes any difference (we do not have the Alesis IO Dock to test.)
    Also check for firmware updates for your IO Dock.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    The minor revision Massimo refers to has a few small updates related to audio. We are still testing it but it should not be too long for release and you can see if it makes any difference (we do not have the Alesis IO Dock to test.)
    Hi dflat,

the alesis firmware update is for IOS 5 on their website ist from 2011!!!! It seems, that alesis dont further support the io dock. they announced an new io dock calles io dock 2.

Default Ios 7

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    I too have been experiencing this same issue with iRealPro and the Alesis I/O dock ever since updating to IOS 7. Never experienced any issues at all until updating to IOS 7 and I have the latest firmware from Alesis as well. It's an issue for me as I use iRealPro with the Alesis I/O dock in a live gigging situation quite frequently and this has been a major issue on my live gigs. It's an intermittent issue and it's unpredictable when it's going to happen but it assuredly happens every time. Kind of embarrassing to have to continually apologize for technical difficulties and I have become quite reliant on iRealPro when performing jazz and standards in a solo situation.

Any idea of when this minor release might be available for testing?

Thanks for the great app