Thread: Delete unwanted "Styles"

Default Delete unwanted "Styles"

If I create a new style via my iPad -- say "Uptempo Godzilla Waltz", and then realize I don't need it, how do I delete it? I'd like to clean up my style-list of a bunch of unneeded (self-created) style names... Thanks! (By Style, I'm talking about the musical style choices under Edit Song Info in the Edit Mode)

Quote Originally Posted by Archtop Eddy View Post
    If I create a new style via my iPad ... how do I delete it...
    The Style list is automatically created from the style names used in your songs. To delete, you need to have all songs in that style category changed to another style name, so go to styles, select a style you want to delete, then in turn edit the songs in that style - Info>Style to whatever style name you want it now to be.
    Once you have no songs using that style it will disappear.

Again, many thanks for a quick response! It may take a bit of hunting around to get all the stray songs -- but at least I know how to do it now. I'm having lots of fun with the player by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Archtop Eddy View Post
    A... It may take a bit of hunting around to get all the stray songs ...
    If you tap on Styles, all the styles (library ones and yours) will be listed. Then when tapping on the style name of the style you want to be deleted, it will list the songs with that style (a song can only have one style associated with it.)
    Using this method you will find all the songs quite quickly. Once the style name disappears from the Styles list you know that no song will have that style name.
    In other words, the style list is used to locate all the songs with that style name.

Glad you are having fun with the player.

Thanks Dflat. Worked like a charm!