Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to connect the guitar (bass) to the iPhone to practice with the iRealBook player?

What about a Line 6 Pocket Pod? $99. Run the headphone out into the Pod, guitar to Pod and monitor from the Pod?

I too am very disappointed that I can't run the IRig and REALBOOK at the same time.

I love both of the apps and combing them would be awesome. Hopefully someone will figure out a way to do this soon.

The new Amplitube update for IPad is out but it doesn't work. They said you can't run two IOS programs at the same time. If anyone has a solution that will allow two IOS apps to work at the same time please share....thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliguitar View Post
    I too am very disappointed that I can't run the IRig and REALBOOK at the same time.

I love both of the apps and combing them would be awesome. Hopefully someone will figure out a way to do this soon.

The new Amplitube update for IPad is out but it doesn't work. They said you can't run two IOS programs at the same time. If anyone has a solution that will allow two IOS apps to work at the same time please share....thank you
    I think this is not a multitasking issue but an audio output thing. You can setup amplitube to run in background (setup -> last option) and switch to iRealbook then. As long as the player is not running you can hear your instrument. But as soon as iRealbook player starts, the audio from Amplitube is gone. That's it. Maybe someone from IK can help to integrate with iRealbook?

cheers

EKKI

Default Vox Amplug

I use a headphone amp made by Vox called the 'amplug'.

The beauty of it is it plugs directly into my bass, and has an aux in which I run my iPhone into (you'll need a stereo mini cable to connect it - I use a Belkin retractable cable)

There are a number of different models for guitar depending on the sound you're after, and one bass model. Sound quality is pretty decent. Uses 2xAAA batteries which the website says will last about 15 hours (about right in my experience).

http://www.voxamps.com/amplug/

I am hearing rumors that the iPhone 5 will have a duo core processor which will possibly make multi-tasking more of a reality.

Hi everyone.

I have an iPad and the Amplitube iRig. If I in the setup choose "background audio" to be ON. Then I can close the AmpliTube app (so it is running in the background). After that I can start apps like EasyBeats LE and play my bass along with the drum rhythms. But if I start iReal Book instead then it just silence the output from AmpliTube.

I have to test this evening if it is some settings in the AmpliTube recorder/mixer. But my guess is that iReal Book stops all output from the other apps.

And last, this app is just totally awesome. Respect to everyone involved to make this app available!!!

/Jocke

Sorry everyone. I just read all the posts and see that other people run into the same situation. Sorry to bother you again. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JockeMcCoy View Post
    .....But if I start iReal Book instead then it just silence the output from AmpliTube....
    Hi Jocke, we are going to look into this among some other things in the future. Glad you like iReal book. Thanks for your feedback and joining the forum.

Hi, I just posted this in another thread but maybe it fits here better:

First of all I just wanted to give a big thumbs up for this great app! I'm using it a lot when playing sessions.
    I was kind of getting really excited about your announcement of the new possibility of having the player and the amplitube audio playing simultaneously (in the newestversion irealb 4.0).
    However I can't seem to get that to work. Every time I switch over to amplitube the player fades out and the other way around.
    I have background audio enabled in both apps. Any way to get this to work properly? I'm on an iPod touch 4G running iOS 4.1.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by kryz View Post
    Hi, I just posted this in another thread but maybe it fits here better:
    ... Every time I switch over to amplitube the player fades out and the other way around.
    I have background audio enabled in both apps. Any way to get this to work properly? I'm on an iPod touch 4G running iOS 4.1....
    Follow the instructions (Tap the ? question mark)
    In iReal b, you need to turn OFF background audio (this is the first step in the instructions.)
    Make sure you press Play on the Player (second step) ... if you miss out this step it will probably not work - pressing play activates the code behind background audio. Amplitube has background audio ON.
    Also update the iOS.
    Once it is working, you can remain in iReal b to change songs and activate the player.

I will delete your duplicate post.