Thread: Adding lyrics directly to iReal Pro charts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Adding lyrics directly to iReal Pro charts

I did searches hoping to find tips about using Text to add lyrics to charts, and pretty much found nothing. So I'm hoping to get some discussion going here. I've been adding lyrics to a couple of dozen tunes, and I keep redoing them because of new things I keep learning in this process. I like to know what those who've already been doing this have learned so I'm not just reinventing the wheel.

Things I've stumbled on include: raising a text line from the chord line below so as to add a second line of lyrics under the top chord line; using a string of spaces to enable inserting text from a left chord under a chord some distance to its right; and using the composer info line to note the lyricist and the date(s) of composition, as well.

But the app has some limitations for lyrics that I wish could be improved upon: First, when you've entered a string of lyrics text, you can't get back to the left to edit it with the cursor—you have to erase text all the way back to a more left position and re-enter the text later. (Unless, of course, I'm missing something, which is part of the reason I'm starting this thread.)

Second, we need to be able to lower lyric lines a few more clicks from their default position so we can enter two lyrics lines under the chord line from the top. And we also need to be able to raise lyric lines several clicks higher than we can now so we can bring lyrics up from a chord line below even when we've dropped the bottom chord line down using the move-down arrow.

Anyway, any tips that you guys have regarding lyrics entry, I'd sure appreciate hearing about them.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 11-13-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    Jack