Thread: Style and Tempo Changes

Default Style and Tempo Changes

I want to do a style and tempo change on the attached tune. Specifically, I want a latin style for the intro and a swing style for the rest of the tune. Also, for the coda, I would like to be able to do a tacet, rubato sort of thing. Are these things even possible in the iReal Pro player?

Thanks,

Rankling

Phil's Tunes (4)

1. Dream A Little Dream Of Me - Unknown Composer
    2. Let's Get Lost - Jimmy McHugh
    3. Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby - Unknown Composer
    4. There Will Never Be Another You - Harry Warren

Using the "Jazz - Latin/Swing" setting, you can trick the Player by not using the [A] section marker after the Intro. I think everything else will stay in the Swing style. No, there is no rubato setting. When I need that, I put the "END" command where I want the rhythm to stop, and just play the rest of the Coda myself without accompaniment.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

That worked!!! Thanks!!! I had to put a [B] in place of the [] and a [] in place of the [], but it worked just the same. Placing "END" at the coda also will do the trick for the rubato effect. Thanks again!!!

Meant to say:

That worked!!! Thanks!!! I had to put a [B] in place of the [A] and a [C] in place of the [B], but it worked just the same. Placing "END" at the coda also will do the trick for the rubato effect. Thanks again!!!

Happy to help, glad it worked. BTW, Dream A Little Dream Of Me was written by Fabian Andre, Wilbur Schwandt and Gus Kahn (1931) and Is You Is Or Is You Ain't (Ma' Baby) by Billy Austin and Louis Jordan (1943). Sorry, I'm just a bit obsessive about composers.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.