Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd behaviors in iReal Pro for iOS7.

Default Thanks again, Niki!

Niki, all three of the problems I mentioned in post no. 1 of this thread appear to have been completely fixed by an update. I edited that post to show that and am leaving the most superlative app review I can think of. Thank you!
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    Niki, all three of the problems I mentioned in post no. 1 of this thread appear to have been completely fixed by an update. I edited that post to show that and am leaving the most superlative app review I can think of. Thank you!
    Thank you for your feedback Jack!

Well, I waited a couple of weeks, but still I spoke too soon about one problem I mentioned in Post No. 1, above, that I thought had been fixed by an update:

Every now and then, when editing in portrait mode, the size of the chord symbols will suddenly balloon up to at least the size of the chord symbols when in landscape mode--maybe even larger, I can't really tell. When this happens I can only see a small part of the chart and cannot navigate. Trying to go in an out of files only results in the whole app crashing to a black screen. To fix this, I have to shut my iPhone down completely and reboot. I never know when this is going to happen, but it happened this morning and I can relate what I was doing at the time:

I had opened a chord chart that I had built a week or two ago. It contained one chord system (a whole line) that I had moved downward one click using the down arrow in the lower-left corner of the Symbols screen of the editor. I had decided to remove the down arrow because I thought that extra space probably was not needed after all. (I had added it because the line I moved downward had a !st and 2nd ending in it and their squared brackets encroached somewhat on lyrics I had added in Text mode.) Well, I removed the down space by cycling the down arrow a few clicks, saved the file and took a look. I then decided that it really did need that extra space after all, so I went back in to the editor, clicked on the first chord in the line, then clicked on the down arrow again. Whammo—instant overly large chord symbols. Once again, after I attempted to exit and reenter the file, iReal Pro crashed to a black screen—I had to shut down and reboot my iPhone to get back in, then I could fix that file. Don't know when this crash will occur again—might not happen again for a couple of weeks—but I'll try to keep tabs on it.

I am running iOS7 version 7.0.4(11B554a) on my iPhone 4S with iReal Pro version 5.0.2 (17130).
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 11-20-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Jack

Drat. The problem with the visual countdown being out of sync with the audio countdown returned, too. Sometimes there's no visual at all. Powering down and rebooting the phone fixes the problem . . . untill next time.