Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Song Download not working on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Carlbutler View Post
    Confirmed... In order for a song or playlist to import to iRealPro on my Mac Pro I have to quit the program.

It seems to work only if the app is not open when i click on a link on the forum or a file exported from my iPad via email..
    See my recommendations above and the answer of nevermindthegrunge

Unhappy Issue with OSX Mavericks

I have been using Ios iRealb for years; upgraded to the new version of that and things went fine. Bought the OSX version yesterday, and, to make a long story short, the only way I have been able to import playlists is to boot up in safe mode (Hold SHIFT down after the bootup chime).

Before that, I did the whole create a new user bit, reset NVRAM, switched default browsers etc. The only thing that works is importing after booting in safe mode.

I still have not found a way to restore purchases - when I try to do that, after entering the APpleID used for my prior purchases I get an unhelpful "Unknown error" message from ireal.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermindthegrunge View Post
    Hi
    I have been using the app on my iPad and love it so thought I would get the Mac Desktop version. Bought in the App store and installed, looks very nice.

When I go to the forums and click on a song link, nothing seems to happen. I have iReal open on my desktop and it does seem to get focus when I click the link (the app screen blinks just for an instant) but nothing appears in the library. I have checked my downloads folder (where browser downloads get put) and there is nothing in there.

Can someone help me get this working pls, as without it my lovely new iReal desktop app is not a lot of use to me.

I am running Mac OSX 10.8.5, Safari 6.0.5
    I also tried it with Firefox for Mac V25. Same deal, no thing happens, although the very first time I used Firefox it did ask me if I would like to link the downloaded file type to iReal, which I said yes to. But even after that the file does not show in iReal. And since that first time it doesnt ask that question.

Very confused
    Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bkbelton View Post
    I have been using Ios iRealb for years; upgraded to the new version of that and things went fine. Bought the OSX version yesterday, and, to make a long story short, the only way I have been able to import playlists is to boot up in safe mode (Hold SHIFT down after the bootup chime).

Before that, I did the whole create a new user bit, reset NVRAM, switched default browsers etc. The only thing that works is importing after booting in safe mode.

I still have not found a way to restore purchases - when I try to do that, after entering the APpleID used for my prior purchases I get an unhelpful "Unknown error" message from ireal.
    We are sorry about the inconvenience.
    Have you purchased the in-apps for Mac OS X as well? Unfortunately there is no way to transfer in-app purchases between different platforms, so in this case between iOS and OS X.
    Which browser do you use? Please try to use Safari.
    Let me know if it worked.

Thumbs up Thanx to Carlbutler, it works!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlbutler View Post
    Confirmed... In order for a song or playlist to import to iRealPro on my Mac Pro I have to quit the program.

It seems to work only if the app is not open when i click on a link on the forum or a file exported from my iPad via email..
    That's it! The application has to be closed to import a song or a playlist from the forum. Since you know it, it's not a problem anymore!

Thanx to Carlbutler!

Foot