Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Song Download not working on Mac

Default Song Download not working on Mac

Hi
    I have been using the app on my iPad and love it so thought I would get the Mac Desktop version. Bought in the App store and installed, looks very nice.

When I go to the forums and click on a song link, nothing seems to happen. I have iReal open on my desktop and it does seem to get focus when I click the link (the app screen blinks just for an instant) but nothing appears in the library. I have checked my downloads folder (where browser downloads get put) and there is nothing in there.

Can someone help me get this working pls, as without it my lovely new iReal desktop app is not a lot of use to me.

I am running Mac OSX 10.8.5, Safari 6.0.5
    I also tried it with Firefox for Mac V25. Same deal, no thing happens, although the very first time I used Firefox it did ask me if I would like to link the downloaded file type to iReal, which I said yes to. But even after that the file does not show in iReal. And since that first time it doesnt ask that question.

Very confused
    Thanks
    Mark
    Some dance to remember, Some dance to forget... (Thanks Don)

Hi Mark,
    I answered your question in the FAQ & Support.
    Let me know if it solved the problem.
    Niki

Hi Niki
    Can you tell me where?
    I did read all the articles in the FAQ before posting the question.
    The only thing I can see relating to downloading is in the General section, point 1. And that just explains how to do downloads from an ios device, not a Mac Desktop.
    When I click on the globe icon in the iReal desktop app it opens up my browser (Safari) and shows the iReal forums. That works fine. What doesnt happen is when I click on a link to actually download a song file.
    Pls can you help as I am really keen to get started.
    Thanks
    Mark

You sent us a message through our website and I answered there.

Please drag your iReal Pro into your Applications, open it from there and then try to go to the Forum and download a song.
    Let me know if it worked.
    Niki

I purchased the app from the Apple App store so it was already installed into the applications folder by the App Store download. See attachment.
    Still not working. Tried setting my default browser to Firefox and it does the same thing. Click on the link, the iReal app gets focus but the song doesnt appear. I also tried sending an email from the ipad app, opening the email on my desktop, clicking on the link on the web page that it opens and that doesnt work either, same thing, song is not loaded into ireal.
    Can I try anything else?
    Thanks
    Mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-07_19-14-41.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	225

I assume you've tried restarting the computer.
    We have not had any other similar issue so I'm wondering if something is wrong with your system.
    There is an easy way to test that: go to your computer System Prefernces > Users and Groups > create a new user
    Logout from your current user and login the new user.
    If iReal Pro works there something screwed up in your user account.
    If it works you can import the songs from the forums and then make a backup in .irb format that you should be able to open in iReal Pro in your normal user account.

Hi
    I tried what you suggested and when logged in as another user it worked fine.

So then I went back to my own login and stripped out all the auto-start things I had running in the menu bar and then it worked there too!

So now I just have to add them back in one at a time to see what it is that is causing the browser and the app not to be linked up.

I will post back when I find what it is in case someone else has the issue too.

Thanks
    for you help. Looking forward to getting started with iReal!
    Cheers
    Mark

Just had the same problem... Had to restart the computer and all works fine now..

Quote Originally Posted by Carlbutler View Post
    Just had the same problem... Had to restart the computer and all works fine now..
    Spoke (posted) too soon.. Tried to import another song and did not work.. This time I closed the iReal Pro app and clicked on a song from my mailbox and it imported ok.
    Don't know what is happening until I try a few more times..
    I am using the latest OSX Mavericks on a Mac Pro

Confirmed... In order for a song or playlist to import to iRealPro on my Mac Pro I have to quit the program.

It seems to work only if the app is not open when i click on a link on the forum or a file exported from my iPad via email..