Thread: Having Some issues with iphone in horizontal position, and chords overlapping.

Default Having Some issues with iphone in horizontal position, and chords overlapping.

If this has been covered I apologize, I looked for a solution but was unable to find one. I am currently using version 5.0

First when Editing or creating a new song, I notice the chords overlap, unlike the previous version I had.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	220

Next when placing my iPhone 5 horizontally, I notice the chords disappear lower and lower with each 4 bar phrase until invisible. (see photos)

Thanks for your help.

Ted

To reduce overlap of adjacent chords use S or N (small/normal) in the editor. Each choice apples to all following chords.
    Example:

Quintessence, The - Quincy Jones

The iPhone screen doesn't have room to display a full-page chart in landscape mode (horizontal). The user can/must swipe up/down as needed. I hope I understood your concern correctly.
    )BOB

Yes thank you. With the previous version, in landscape mode, the screen would scroll on its own as the chords were highlighted. With the new version I notice that as the chords are highlighted, the screen does not adjust so the chords are visible.

Thanks. I will check now how to change S or N in the editor.

When I plug my iPhone into a device using the 1/8th inch cable(headphones or aux) it rests more comfortably on it's side,(landscape mode).

It would function much better if I didn't have to take my hands away from the instrument every single time I reach a B section.

The older versions did not have this issue.

And Thank you, using the S and N feature solved that other issue.
    Last edited by TeddyMeyerSaxophone; 11-05-2013 at 04:27 PM.

I'm happy the s/n info helped.
    I haven't tried the Pro version yet.
    Thanks for clarifying that you meant "while using the player". My answer applied to only reading the chart while in landscape.
    I agree it would be helpful for the screen to auto-scroll with the player position when in landscape mode.
    It may be simply a fixable bug in the new version. There have been a few others reported.
    I'm sure it's a HUGE job to tweak and re-test everything.
    Thanks for reporting/describing any problems.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.

I always use the iReal Player in landscape mode on my iPod Touch. Not scrolling is a Major Bug. Stuff like this is the reason I haven't updated yet. I'm waiting a while to see what other surprises are lurking under the "Play" button...
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyMeyerSaxophone View Post
    Yes thank you. With the previous version, in landscape mode, the screen would scroll on its own as the chords were highlighted. With the new version I notice that as the chords are highlighted, the screen does not adjust so the chords are visible.

Thanks. I will check now how to change S or N in the editor.
    It's a bug, we fixed it and the new update will come out this week.
    We are sorry about that and thank you for your feedback!

Fixed in 5.0.1